What loco would you own?

• RMweb Gold

I can't chose just one!

I would like a Deltic either 55003 meld or 55007 Pinza, or any decent Peak or a class 25 or 89001 (yes the Electric one) or a class 76.....

Seriously I would like 9013/55013 The Black watch, It always seemed to hold something special to me - Probably because it spent so much time in the works that whenever I did see it It always seemed like the first time - I would have to stop being superstitious first though :)

• 4 months later...

Leek & Manifold 2-6-4T

Or

UP Big Boy

Or

UP 4-12-2

Or

SP AC-12

Or

C&O H8 Allegheny

Or

PRR T1

Any one I would be happy with, although with the last five it might be cheaper to run a second-hand 747.

I'd have a GCR class 3 (LNER F1) in Robinson condition. Such an engine would be ideal for shuttling up and down 95% of preserved railways and would therefore be both useful and (very) pretty. Ideally there would be a nice set of 4 and 6 wheel MS&L coaches to go with it...

Im glad as far as ive read, no one has said Flying Scotsman!

Kristian

Thats because we all know there's not enough money in the world for her!! :D

I would have a 37/4 in LLB, and have two driving trailer vehicles and four other (one would be the buffet) vehicles from a couple of 442's to use as a Push-Pull rake.

(I'd keep the unused vehicles from the 442s as strengtheners when required.)

Difficult one, probably a GWR 57XX 0-6-0T with the later style cab, they seem to me to have a very buisness-like look about them.

My other choice would be Merddin Emrys from the Festiniog, if I felt like something smaller.

Can I add more to my list?

LMS Stanier Black 5 No 4767 in 1951 condition (with double chimney and stephenson valve gear, BR Early Crest)

BR Standard Class 2 2-6-2T

LNER Gresley V3 in BR Brunswick Green

BR Standard Class 8 Duke of Gloucester

• RMweb Gold

It would be a steamer for me, and, from experience in maintaining, repairing and prepping the things a 2 outside cylinder jobby is essential - none of that dangly stuff in the middle. It would have to be a Standard I think, easy to maintain and 10 minute prep. My favourites are Cl5s and Brits.

Um, can't decide, I'll take both please.

Thank you.

HI!

For me it's a toss up between 57 602 Restormel Castle - the first loco my family & I associated with the Night Riviera service, or 221122 Dr. Who which was the first train my youngest knew the name of (every Virgin Voyager we saw for a few years, regardless of being a 220 or 221, he would shout out 'Docka Oo!')!

Sentimental in their own way!

Charles

• RMweb Premium

If I could afford the maintenance costs I would go for a 9F - Evening Star would be good! - or a Peppercorn A2.

If it had to be a diesel, a Peaks, such as "Great Gable" would be magic as I love the machines and GG is my favourite Lakeland peak.

Jeff

Archived