david heath

rails of sheffield

I pre-ordered a Rocket soon after the announcement. No response apparent from the website, and no email conformation or sight of it on my account yesterday. I did contact them the day before via the website, but have not (yet) received a reply. I thereforder went back to the website last night, and ordered (another) one (note - ordered not pre-ordered), including a note in the comments box about the previous pre-order. Everything tickety-boo; it appeared rapidly into my account, and I've had a conformation email.

Always had good experience with Rails, no gripes about this. Presumably it is a glitch in the pre-order mechanism, or simply an overload of customer pre-orders.

Stewart

My only experience of Rails was to ring to ask if they had stock of some Roket Paper Glue, I work the other side of the city & wanted to call in on the way home but it's quite a detour, they confirmed they had stock & I said I would be in later, 30 minutes later I got a call back saying that somebody had just come in & bought all 20 bottles. I was thankful of the call, I'd not have been happy turning up after fighting the traffic :D

• Informative/Useful 1

Issue finally resolved. Thanks to everyone who helped. And thanks to @rembrow for listing the reason. It all makes sense now. Hope the RoS staff are better now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Phaeton said:

My only experience of Rails was to ring to ask if they had stock of some Roket Paper Glue, I work the other side of the city & wanted to call in on the way home but it's quite a detour, they confirmed they had stock & I said I would be in later, 30 minutes later I got a call back saying that somebody had just come in & bought all 20 bottles. I was thankful of the call, I'd not have been happy turning up after fighting the traffic https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

20 bottles? Are they drinking the stuff???!!!

• Funny 1

55 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

20 bottles? Are they drinking the stuff???!!!

Maybe it's a long platform

They're not the fastest shippers.  It took two weeks for some (in stock) items to arrive the first time I ordered from them.  I have a current order with them that is still unshipped a week later.  In contrast, Kernow usually ship the same day.

On 11/01/2020 at 21:37, Phaeton said:

Maybe it's a long platform

Who was it? Network Rail?

2 hours ago, rogerzilla said:

They're not the fastest shippers.  It took two weeks for some (in stock) items to arrive the first time I ordered from them.  I have a current order with them that is still unshipped a week later.  In contrast, Kernow usually ship the same day.

Ring them up. Normally I get stuff shipped the day after ordering if I order late at night. 

The only time I had an issue was once when paypal had refused payment for some reason. A quick call to make card payment and all was well