rails of sheffield

david heath

Having spotted the Bachmann LMS-liveried 'Crab' for £115.50 on Rails' web-site (the lowest price I have yet seen for this model), I was tempted...

Order placed very late Sunday evening, despatch email from Rails received by me Monday mid-morning, and said item received here by me in Norn Iron on a wet Tuesday morning before 9am!

Well done Rails and Royal Mail - I opted for £5 (24hr 1st class) delivery - which is good value I reckon, and includes tracking.

cheers,

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thank you for you kind comments and I am happy everything arrived fast and smoothly.

We do always aim to please so its nice to get a "pat on the back" from time to time. :nowinkclear:

Look forward to dealing with you again soon.

Kind Regards

Oliver @ Rails

• Like 1

Just adding to the comments about good service from Rails.

Visited during the Festive period from the north east and brought things in for Part Ex. Came away with some nice models but thought the customer service was very impressive. Think it was Oliver that I was working with on the day. Excellent service and continued when a product had to be returned and exchanged.

Highly reccomended and hope to keep in touch with Oliver!

:bye: Current Promotion:

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL BETWEEN NOW AND THE 15TH OF MARCH TO BE ENTERED INTO A PRIZE DRAW WITH A CHANCE TO WIN £100.00 OF RAILS GIFT VOUCHERS!

(EXISTING SUBSCRIBERS WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ENTERED)

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY AFTER DRAW CLOSES

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First ordered from this place when they had a Bachmann dcc sound train set i was after that was being discontinued and everywhere else i inquired had none in stock. Since then I have made numerous purchases from them. Only problem i have encountered is that i ordered a couple of items which included a Bachmann 6 pin decoder which i got an email saying it was not in stock but will be sent out when it is which would be in about a week. About 3-4 weeks have passed and I haven't received it and when I check the site it says it is in stock. I will perhaps give them a ring to see what is going on but other than this blip I have great service from them and if i'm ever in Sheffield I will be sure to give them a visit although my wallet may not approve!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New N Gauge Sale!

We have some great bargains currently on Graham Farish British N Gauge

See the locomotives here:

https://railsofsheffield.com/graham-farish-n-gauge-locomotive-sale--JJJGP2179.aspx

See the rolling stock and buildings here:

https://railsofsheffield.com/graham-farish-sale-rolling-stock-buildings-JJJGP2180.aspx

• Like 1

RAILS OF SHEFFIELD IS CHANGING…

Since 2002 Rails of Sheffield has endeavoured to provide customers with a great online shopping experience. It's not gone unnoticed that the website is looking a bit dated and dusty, so recently we've been working hard to rectify that.

Soon we'll be launching our new website with some great new features including:

• Better, faster search
  • Smartphone friendly
  • Personalisation options

Try out our new site here!

We are still in beta whilst we fine tune everything so the current site is also still available.

Please let me know your thoughts on the new site. 

Thanks

Oliver

• Like 1

My biggest grouse with the Rails website is that unlike most rival sites it does not tell you the international postage cost prior to checkout. 

Hi, Thanks for your message.

The next area we will be focusing on is a revamped checkout. Included in this we will hopefully get international postage sorted as we understand it can be frustrating.

Thanks

Oliver

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

RAILS OF SHEFFIELD IS CHANGING…

Since 2002 Rails of Sheffield has endeavoured to provide customers with a great online shopping experience. It's not gone unnoticed that the website is looking a bit dated and dusty, so recently we've been working hard to rectify that.

Soon we'll be launching our new website with some great new features including:

• Better, faster search
  • Smartphone friendly
  • Personalisation options

Try out our new site here!

We are still in beta whilst we fine tune everything so the current site is also still available.

Please let me know your thoughts on the new site. 

Thanks

Oliver

Looking good there Oliver, just not sure about the strapline:

"An exclusive range of models for the discerning collector…"

instead, how about 'for the discerning modeller and collector...'?

:locomotive:

all the best,

Keith

Edited by tractionman

• RMweb Gold

The new look seems very good and long overdue in my personal opinon but on the otherhand I purchased a secondhand lima class 31 (31206 Railfreight redstripe)  the otherday from the Rails ebay store and when I got home today a parcel was left in the front porch for me and me thinking that here's to an evening of detailing up a lima class 31 but oh no once I had opened the parcel what was inside not a class 31 but a Hornby Mk3 TGS  coach in weathered virgin trains livery. 

To say I was little bit annoyed was an under estimate but it's now on it's way back to Rails and I'm hoping the confusion is sorted ASAP.

So if anyone on here has had a lima class 31 in Railfreight redstripe livery delivered today and they've not ordered one it's potentially mine.

Cheers 

Colin 

I bought one of my E4s from Rails on pre-order and was extremely happy with the level of customer service. I was informed of the price increase before my card was charged. The packaging was fantastic and as a result I have placed my pre-order for the H Class with them.

Edited by Anglian

• 4 weeks later...

We are asked for comments.This might be one of yours.Personally,Oliver et al....I find the new website haemorrhoidal.Sorry.....but you did ask.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your message, I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying the new beta site. I would love to know which features or parts you are not liking. As we state it is still beta and changes will be made before full launch so amendments will be made upon discovery from feedback.

Thanks

Oliver

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your message, I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying the new beta site. I would love to know which features or parts you are not liking. As we state it is still beta and changes will be made before full launch so amendments will be made upon discovery from feedback.

Thanks

Oliver

Hi Oliver, in the vein of further feedback on the new site: The old one may have been a but rusty, but at least had an all encompassing 'front page' on which you can quickly go to links for your chosen interest. The new site presents to me as having too much emphasis on your headline/flagship new collection, but difficult to see the overall picture of what Rails stock at a glance.

Hope this helps

John

Hi Oliver, in the vein of further feedback on the new site: The old one may have been a but rusty, but at least had an all encompassing 'front page' on which you can quickly go to links for your chosen interest. The new site presents to me as having too much emphasis on your headline/flagship new collection, but difficult to see the overall picture of what Rails stock at a glance.

Hope this helps

John

Hi John, Thanks for your response and feedback. The new front page is definitely something which we are working on and will be making large alterations prior to launch

Thanks

Oliver

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

Thanks

Oliver

When using the old ..current site....all was logically and neatly arranged.If I want a specific item,I know exactly how and where to look for it .On the new site,I am seemingly swamped by items which you obviously wish to sell me....yes that's why you're successfully in business.....but in which I have no interest.It is as if I need to negotiate acres of baboo thicket before....and if.....I find what I' m looking for.By which time,I'm out of patience and lost the will to live ...well,almost.

I have a huge admiration and respect for Rails but for pity's sake,Oliver.keep it simple.If I am interested in buying,...I know what I want.I just want a simple effective way of getting to it without diversions on the way.