Captain Cuttle's W Bench

Hi,

Attached photos of two CRT Bulleid coaches finished at last, not that impressed with them not a patch on Sidelines kits. The castings are not that good, the buffers supplied are lost wax and took a lot of filing, the holes for the buffers in the buffer beams were too large and the holes for the body to chassis fixing screws were directly under the buffers!.

Also photo of EM2 Pandora which is now in the painting stage, am making the cab interiors from plasticard.post-1123-1255337414434_thumb.jpgpost-1123-12553374328647_thumb.jpgpost-1123-12553374515944_thumb.jpg

Cheers

CC

Hi CC,

great to see that you have 'crossed over' and that you have been as busy as ever. Interesting comments on the Bulleids, I nearly bought a two car set at Telford 2008 and I think I did the right thing in looking elsewhere.

EM2 is looking good - when are you starting on the OHLE? ducks head below parapet!

all the best

Mike

Hi CC,

great to see that you have 'crossed over' and that you have been as busy as ever. Interesting comments on the Bulleids, I nearly bought a two car set at Telford 2008 and I think I did the right thing in looking

Mike

who else does them? What have I missed?!

Hi 28ten,

calm down now, nobody else does Bulleid coaches that I am aware of, but I have a contact who is heavily into Gauge 1 who does, and I might persuade him to 'scale down' in the not to distant (if you annd others might be interested)

regards

Mike

Are the bulleid coaches from the old range bone by Dave Parkin ?

Hi 28 ten, bit suprised at a GWR fan interested in Bulleid coaches, seen the light???!. Seriously no they are not the old DP ones but I do have some RJH sides if you are interested.As far as I know apart from Westdale these are the oinly other kits for Bulleid coaches. In their favour they do have both sets of etched ventilators and full valances on the etch which is handy. If I were to build any again I would use Wayoh bogies, Midcar sprung buffers and Peter Cowling seating[ he does excellent Bulleid style seats].

Cheers

CC

Hi CC,

great to see that you have 'crossed over' and that you have been as busy as ever. Interesting comments on the Bulleids, I nearly bought a two car set at Telford 2008 and I think I did the right thing in looking elsewhere.

EM2 is looking good - when are you starting on the OHLE? ducks head below parapet!

all the best

Mike

Hi Mike,

You made it over ok then, re the OHLE unlikely at the moment but with two EM1's to follow might try it. Interesting info re your G1 friend as there was a customer at the bookshop on the SDR [south Devon Railway] recently who makes plasticard G1 coach sides using a milling machine, he was doing some L&NWR six wheeled stock, wonder if it is the same person?. What are you working on now Mike?

Cheers

CC

Hi CC

thanks for the update re EM2s & 1s.

Not the same G1 chap, mines definitely a brass man - laser cutting etc.

Doing an MOK Q1 at the moment - got a thread going on here and the old site www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51002

a great kit, wired up yesterday for the first time and run as soon as the controller was off of the 'off' - ABC Maxon motor & in line gearbox.

regards

Mike

Archived