Bocott stabling point & Eastbury sidings

pitbull1845

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately I didn't have time for a play just a drop off. Kevin seems very pleased with his improvements, all the (automated) passenger services now sit behind the racks leaving the other 8 or 9 roads free for freights, much more play value. Must be time for a playday, sorry route learning for the exhibitions I mean!;)

Well my new wagons didn't arrive with the postie on Saturday but as I was out in the garage I thought I would take a couple of snaps, on the basis that I now have a new computer and I wanted to have a go at uploading images and sorting files. Its Windows 7 so its a bit different to my last one.

One thing that has confused me on here is that when I check "my content" this thread doesn't show in it, I've also noticed a couple of others don't appear either. ho hum must be doing something wrong.

Any way back to the pics, I apologise now for the quality and there is still a lot to do with the layout because of my indecisions.. The quarry and cement terminal have gone although not forgotten, Bocott the stabling point has returned and Eastbury sidings are still in situ. most of the ballasting is down and all points on the scenic side wired. Its too cold out there to spend more than 30 mins at a time so its a slow pace at the moment.

Photo 1 shows two 37's stabled up for the weekend, 37800 managing to keep a little bit warmer by hiding in the minor repairs/checks shed.

post-6849-001463400 1292803742_thumb.jpg

Photo 2 shows a poor 08 dumped out the back of the shed,it was awaiting new parts but now that the yard has received a freshly painted 09 in mainline livery its no longer required and now awaiting the torch or low loader, whatever comes first! (yes the body needs fixing down ;) )

post-6849-052999000 1292803745_thumb.jpg

I told you they weren't much but at least they have assisted me in checking everything works.

Thanks for looking, I hope to add a bit more as the days go on, fingers crossed the wagons arrive soon.

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Hi mate

Didn't you get one of those heaters then?

Weathering on the Vitrains 37 looks good from what I can see, and nice to see an update lets see some more pics of the yard maybe.

If I don't speak to you again have a good festive break and see you in the New Year.

I did get a heater but its c##p, doesn't heat it up very well at all. And I find wearing woolen gloves difficult when trying to do scenery :D

More photos will follow over the next few days, maybe 37800 will venture over to the yard for a photo shoot...

Have a good Christmas yourself mate.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

I do like the latest pics, the loco shed looks great with the 37s waiting for there next job. Keep the updates coming in 2011 I think you have the makings of a great layout.;)

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Cheers Peter.

Merry Christmas Ian, Grimleygrid and all those that take a look at this thread.

Thanks Grimley for the comments about the 37's, they are just plonked on along with the shed so when its done it should hopefully look a lot better.

I was going to post a few more pictues but my camera has stopped working, fingers crossed Santa leaves one under the tree tomorrow.

I'm back to work Boxing day so modelling time will be out of the window for a few days at least. Good job I'm not getting and train bits for crimbo.

Have a good one everybody and be safe... 5.gif

Evening, I trust you all had a good day. I'm a bit late but Merry Christmas YVM!

Mine was fairly hectic, but managed to get out to the workshop once the kiddies were in bed, wasn't able to spend much time out there due to "opearation clearup". But I did manage to take a few pictures on my new camera. Its a point and shoot so you'd think it would be straight forward, however the pictures I have taken are not very good, ie out of focus..

They do however give a view of the sidings as was requested earlier in the thread. Usual disclaimer applies, its still at the early stages so the scenics are fairly non existant.

First up two views of the sidings, the first one looking back towards the station (under the bridge and off scene, although there is part of a platform sticking out. (no the res coach isn't derailed)

post-6849-0-83058800-1293319137_thumb.jpg

Second showing a view from the bridge above the station, looking back towards the stabling point.

post-6849-0-62142900-1293319141_thumb.jpg

37800 arrives at the reception line with the MGR empties.

post-6849-0-60886500-1293319134_thumb.jpg

And continues up into the headshunt next to the stabling point.

post-6849-0-48495900-1293319124_thumb.jpg

Once clear of the points it reverses back into its nominated siding.

post-6849-0-36584100-1293319131_thumb.jpg

Final shot of 37800 before she heads off for re-fuelling.

post-6849-0-18405200-1293319127_thumb.jpg

Like I said, not the greatest standard of pictures, but hopefully gives you an idea of whats going on at Eastbury and Bocott.

I'm off to study the camera guide to ensure the next pictures I upload are a bit crisper!

Thanks for looking

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Hi Scott

Hope you all had a good one and you're not too busy at work!

Layout's looking good I had no idea you'd done so much to the siding end and the stabling point looks well 'lived in' if you know what I mean. I've not been up in the loft for a couple of weeks now since I did the video, I can see I need to crack on as you are catching up at a pace! ;)

Thanks chaps,

Ian I feel like I haven't progressed that much but I suppose when I look at the photos it has come on since you last saw it, now get your as# up the loft ladder!

tim-minay, for me the space has been the issue :D too much and too many ideas to put in it..

But I'm getting there finally..

Cheers

Scott

PS, Ian, had a nice day at work today, the snow is still on the ground so made a nice change to the normal view at 500'.

Hey up Scott,

Looks good! Very impressed as you appear to have scenery and stuff!

Seriously, looks good, keep the faith and the belief and keep going at it. Miss the comments about what your thinking though!

Merry christmas

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I'm at the stage where I am happy with the way things are going. As for my thoughts, well right now I'm thinking I've got to be at work in 30 mins... With the railway I'm thinking about scenery (which I am no good with) and also what to do with the sticky out bit of board. It was going to be a depot but now that I have the one on the main board I'm back to square one. The other option I'm thinking of is a small terminus again, with a possible freight siding for some industry. I don't want to over crowd it but at the same time I want it to have some operational interest. If I go for the terminus I want it to be a seaside type, almost like a modern Swanage. Iw will be DMU served but with the option of a few seaside charters hauled by a 47 or even a few unusual locos for the area. Hmmmm

Right, I really must go to work now..

Thanks

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Hi fella hope you all had a good one, bit of a bummer having to work but I spose it cuts down on the eating and drinking! I thought you said the sticky out bit was going? If its staying how about a couple of sidings as a cement terminal as you built all those buildings for it, and bought the PCAs, that won't look too busy?

Hi Ian, I did think about that and I had placed it there to see what it looks like but I'm still considering a station. At the moment the cement works is still in the corner on the main board but track level now, not raised and no longer rail served at the front, modellers licence being used and its off scene... I'm still open to change though so we shall have to wait and see.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

I quite like Ians idea of the cement work on the sticky out bit. PS Merry Christmas Ian.:D You could still have a station, may be do the half station idea were it enters the fiddleyard, you could still have a bay platform for vans or a train to terminate at.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

PS Merry Christmas Ian.:D

Cheers Peter to you and yours over there and all the best for the New Year. Haven't you been out with the 'barmy army' celebrating?:lol:

may be do the half station idea were it enters the fiddleyard, you could still have a bay platform for vans or a train to terminate at.

Shhhhhhhh! He'll build Widnes if your not careful!:P ;)

Cheers Peter to you and yours over there and all the best for the New Year. Haven't you been out with the 'barmy army' celebrating?:lol:

Shhhhhhhh! He'll build Widnes if your not careful!:P ;)

Oh yeah Happy New Year to you all too. I was in the garage yesterday trying to finish off a class 47, I did have the radio on and was wishing I was at the MCG having a bit of a sing with the Barmies. I did spend most of the day with a smile on my face, it's nice to beat the Aussies, funny they have gone really quite.:D

Widnes is a great layout, but lets hope Scott doesn't start ripping up Bocott.:lol: I think he is on a winner, the depot area has a good feel to it.

Cheers Peter.

Morning and a Happy New Year, no need to worry about Bocott being redesigned over the Christmas period, its staying as it is.

The sticky out bit will continue to be a topic of discussion, ive decided to try and crack on with the main board, I have enough to concern myself with there.

I was on a railtour yesterday so I want to have a rake of coaches now that represents one and will be available fo hire to other layouts! passengers included...

Now to look for a source of 250 sitting passengers and some coaches...

cheers

Scott

Archived