Cast or turned buffers for Class 92

Hi to all!!

Any suggestions of where I might be able to obtain some replacement buffers for the Hornby 92.

Have looked at Howes site for their A1 parts, but nothing listed. Also had a quick scan at Shawplan unless I was having a particularly Dim moment.

Also looking for replacement brass horns too, but it's the buffers I'm kind of keen for at the moment.

Cheers

Ill see if I can dig them out. I dont want anything for them if I can find them. Im sure they will just pop in an envelope. Ill PM you if I find them out. You will need a set of round buffers to fix them to though as they are only the heads. I got them with a load of bits and bobs. They have been no use for anything Ive done so far so you are welcome to them mate.

Cav

Hello fat controller!

If I've got my info right the buffers on the 92 are the large rectangular european type buffer, whereas the class 69 buffer is a sort of chopped elliptical design. It would have been great if they had been the same as it would have saved me some work as I've modified a Hornby 60 Chassis to fit a Hornby 92 Body (or should that be the other way around).

But thank you for the advice!!!

Archived