From a carriage window

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

That's interesting too.

I guess the previous photos assume we are on an embankment whilst this one supposes we have just passed a level crossing giving this vista?...

Works well I think - good to have options too.

• RMweb Gold

Pete, that's right. The orignal plan (well actually Plan B) was to use a level crossing, but I was concerned that the gates would be both too big and hide to much of the scene behind. Using an embankment ( or more specifically a second overbridge so the road actually goes somewhere) does give the viewer a reason to be looking down from the carriage window, hence being able to see the track. However, to make the under bridge to the correct proportions would have meant exceeding the 11" height limit for the diorama (overbridge + carriage window), so I've fudged it by not showing the scene from the lower level. Today's photo was just to show some recently aquired stock, and a 'check-what-I've-missed' chance.

Stu

• RMweb Gold

This entry is now complete ( or as complete as it can be before the extended deadline of midnight tonight).

post-7025-0-86900000-1317510015_thumb.jpg

Thank you to everyone who has commented on this thread - I did wonder at times if I was attempting the impossible and you've mostly convinced me I wasn't.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived