Bachmann Cl 70

secretsquirrel

As much as Like the model I think the desperation bidding war wont stop there for the 70001 .. the model does look good looking forward to seeing one in action for myself, so couple at non-extortinate/Wallet friendly prices may have to be on order when relased

NL

• RMweb Gold

Considering buying 700001 by the time you take into account postage and the vat rise which will affect the production batch not much price difference. Anyone know if freightliner shut this week and if they have any left?

mark

A wild guess here, Freightliner perhaps ?

http://www.freightliner.co.uk/catalogue.aspx

• RMweb Gold

Hi Beast

thanks for your insight, I was only wondering if anyone else had contacted them today or yesterday thereby saving me the phonecall and the hassle of them being disturbed twice.

mark

Order on line, a variety of payment methods available ;)

Hi Reevesthecat,

I think Beast66606 was being a little sarcy about payments! ;) You'll need a Paypal account to pay for the loco. I e-mailed them about other methods but they insisted, Paypal or nothing. However, I recently e-mailed about another query and got no reply plus no phone response a day or two ago, so I suspect they may be closed for Christmas - also the website is still talking about not guaranteeing delivery before Christmas, due to adverse weather.

If you, or others, hear about remaining stock quantity then please let us all know! I'm after one but cannot order just yet.

I hope you're successful with a purchase - and with getting it past the female security in your house ;)

Have a great New Year 2011!

Cheers,

Ixion.

i see theres at least 3 on ebay now with 2 at stupid prices so wonder if the person who wants £175 or £150 will get their prices so gonna watch the one at 99p

Even the 99p one is now at £113.00 plus postage :blink: :O

Don't get it.

Thing is if my wife ever cottons on to the Model Railway side of ebay I'm screwed :unsure:

i think the Bachmann class 70 is a nice bit of kit, now ive got one and i like the idea with the screw on snowplough and not like the class 60 or 66 fronts at all and i can see this loco knocking the class 60 of the top spot with out a doubt

Might not be my era (mid 80s to early 90s) but i still have added one to my fleet of locos

well done to Bachmann

Still no sign of mine. DId people get an email to say theirs had been dispatched from Freighliner, or is it a case of 'it turns up'?

Will probably phone them up later and see what's what.

Sam

Isnt that how Freightliner operate the real fleet of class 70s?! :lol:

NL

Still no sign of mine. DId people get an email to say theirs had been dispatched from Freighliner, or is it a case of 'it turns up'?

Will probably phone them up later and see what's what.

Sam

Mine turned up as well with no heads up.

I dropped them a line to check if they had received my order. Had a nice email this morning saying that it was sent out yesterday, given the offices were closed until then. So, if you ordered from approx 20th December to 3rd January and had a PayPal confirmation then your order should be arriving at the platform/letterbox shortly.

• RMweb Premium

Ordered mine yesterday (1 for the display cabinet) biggrin.gif Enjoyed photting her in the summer when 001 was working Felixstowe - Lawley Street and back on test runs.

£99.99 Direct from Freightliner.........

Now, who's the chaps on ebay.....£160.00 starting bid!!!! + £6.00 postage blink.gif And another at £175.00 and £179.00 + postage!!! ohmy.gif Just winds me up, people trying to cash in already!!!

After speaking with the sales lady yesterday she says they have quite a few left

Cheers, Anthony

Whilst I can heartily assure you it's not me profiteering on ebay.....

If the ebay buyers are in the UK and are too daft to put the words "Bachmann, freightliner, 70001" into google, fourth result takes you to the Freightliner shop btw, then they are getting what they deserve - a cracking model that many other people will have bought for far less.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE!

-Rob

Archived