Southern / BR(S) Product News

burgundy

The one-offs and rarities have great appeal to the collecting fraternity who, in commercial terms, are at least as important as those of us who take models out of their boxes and use them, with or without alteration. 

As for Mr Drummond's Car (as it was officially known), I followed my conscientious approach of only voting for items I would actually buy so yes, I did click on it, even though I would have to apply a hefty dose of Rule One to excuse running it.  

Making it work should be quite simple. Lack of adhesion won't be an issue because, prototypically, it'll never need to move more than itself. A Black Beetle under the coach portion sufficed more than adequately on a kit-built example (Jidenco?) that I once observed.

John

Why the Black Beetle ? ....... surely a Bachmann Wickham Trolley an' "trailer" would be the best starting point !

Sad the LSWR fans are talking about all this exotica while the SER fans are still so desperately short of such critical items as a SE 4-4-0,  any 4-4-0 !

If you're up to scratchbuilding then there's a 3D-printed Class F/F1/B1 in development. Just add chassis and motor to run.

• RMweb Gold

Kernow Model Rail Centre have today announced a new batch of the Bulleid diesels, further information along with a link to my review of the first batch can be found here  https://grahammuz.com/2018/10/18/more-bulleid-diesels-on-the-way-from-kernow-model-rail-centre/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The Hornby 2019 range range for 2019 has been announced today elsewhere on RMweb but a round of the SR related stuff can be found here https://grahammuz.com/2019/01/07/Hornby-announce-2019-range-including-brand-new-bulleid-59ft-coaches-and-ex-lswr-diagram-1543-20-24t-brake-van/ 

• Like 1

Certainly a major boost for southern modellers as well as something for other regions and areas of interest. Just waiting for a original Merchant Navy in BR blue Malachite to come out.

Me too :)

The Hornby 2019 range range for 2019 has been announced today elsewhere on RMweb but a round of the SR related stuff can be found here https://grahammuz.com/2019/01/07/Hornby-announce-2019-range-including-brand-new-bulleid-59ft-coaches-and-ex-lswr-diagram-1543-20-24t-brake-van/ 

Yeeeeeeah ......... but once again, it's South Western related stuff and would rarely have ventured onto the other Divisions : the brake, might well have done but I can't recall pictures of shortie Bulleids straying.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that Graham.

When I first glanced at the page, I thought 'good grief! they're doing a T14 until I quickly realized it was yours! :rolleyes:

Sadly, anyone contemplating a T14 wil have to continue paddling their own boat......
  • Funny 1

Sadly, anyone contemplating a T14 wil have to continue paddling their own boat......

Indeed!  I have a Nu-Cast T14 kit that has been sitting in a cupboard for years...I'll have to start it one of these fine days!

(Version with full paddle covers and the hole for the key included)

Edited by olivegreen

From the OO Works website:

NEW RELEASE

Drummond LSWR K10 4-4-0 (Small Hopper) for release Late 2019.

Orders now being taken.

SR Sage/Olive Lined Nº347   £295.00 + P&P

SR/BR Black with Bullied Sunshine Nº 389  £285.00 +P&P

BR Black Nº30382 L/W £285.00 + P&P 

Expected Late 2019.

https://www.ooworks.co.uk/products

Brief History

A batch of 40 Drummond K10s were built at Elms works between 1901-1902 for mixed traffic work there they earned the nickname “Small Hoppers.”

These K10s were mainly paired with 6 wheel tenders because of their intended short journeys although some carried the larger 8-wheel water cart tenders.

The K10s underwent little change in their lifetime apart from “Urie” removing the firebox water tube box during LSWR days. In 1925 ten of the Drummond K10s were fitted with stove-pipe chimneys for use on the Eastern section, being based at Gillingham from 1940. They began to lose their smoke-box wing plates. During 1941 five of the K10 class were lent to the LMS and worked mainly from Bristol and Gloucester and in the SDJR.

The main withdraw started at the end of Southern days in 1947, 31 entered British Railway stock at nationalisation when withdrawal was so rapid. Only 30382 received BR numbering whilst 389 was the last to be withdrawn in July of 1951 from Yeovil town shed. None were preserved.

(No connection other than as a satisfied customer)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/01/2019 at 22:12, PrestburyJack said:
On 17/01/2019 at 19:53, PrestburyJack said:

From the OO Works website:

NEW RELEASE

Drummond LSWR K10 4-4-0 (Small Hopper) for release Late 2019.

Orders now being taken.

SR Sage/Olive Lined Nº347   £295.00 + P&P

Where's my N gauge shrink ray gone...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello everyone,

currently under development from RT Models / Albert Goodall is the original West Country 8'6" square cab .

The fit is very good, however the front of the cab needs altering slightly to match the body profile better.

DSC_2700.JPG.77dbd0f6a4432f78e5a4187bb68da6ab.JPGDSC_2695.JPG.02f292eccf6f5c4e34b628f68a03c5fe.JPGDSC_2696.JPG.4b7126629bded58e93aa758ef85895d2.JPGDSC_2697.JPG.189029c51aa515024394bc5e4c755f63.JPG

Also to be released soon once the join lines have been thinned down as they are too thick are WC/BoB smoke deflectors in both original short and 1948 locomotive exchange extra long versions.

DSC_2683.jpg.564d8eaba45975b5d9a3b1ecdf3c7802.jpgDSC_2682.jpg.388642ab7ec780e8c5ee0f4342e5446c.jpg

Edited by RThompson
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 29 April 2019 at 20:52, Tony Teague said:

Are those WC cab etches yet available?

Tony

Hello Tony,

they are not available yet.

I've only just got round to adding the original WC/BoB AWS box cover and coupling deflector plate to the website.

image.jpeg.cb4853d3500870720fed07c54590011d.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good work Mr Thompson. Any relation to Edward?

Keep up the good work - I will have the WC cab etch when available.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• 1 month later...