Painting with Precision Enamels

In a bit of a pickle....

Just converted my old lima class 117 into a class 122 using the craftsman kit. It went together well but now i am coming to painting the unit. Basically, i was wondering if anyone had any advice when it comes to painting using the precision enamels? I want to do a blue full yellow end livery. the project is trying to be done on the cheap and therefore expensive (relatively) aerosols are out of the window. I am prepared to use primer, however.

So basically any tips with the precision enamels would be great!

Thanks very much for your time,

Jono

For best results with the yellow use a white primer.

Lightest colours first - yellow is translucent so will need a few thin coats for full coverage - don't try for full coverage in one coat, and allow sufficient drying time between coats.

Warm the paint for 15 minutes on a radiator or in warm water, then stir until all the gunk has mixed in, then stir for another couple of minutes.

Add a couple of drops of Ronsonol lighter fluid to the top of the tinlet but don't stir it in, and begin painting using a decent-sized sable brush (not too small, not too big). Ronsonol lighter fluid melts away brush strokes by breaking the surface tension of the paint, but won't thin the pigment.

Brush in one direction, then brush out at 90 degrees, and finally back in the original direction, each time progressively lighter strokes.

Archived