Heljan Beyer garratt

Hugh Flynn

Hi

Just noticed on Hattons site a OO gauge Bayer Garratt listed at £199 must have been asleep as i dont remember seeing any info on it.

Hugh

At present there is no further info available other than the details of the 12 variations. This does smack of a "Hattons Special" so good luck to them if this is so. Anybody want more than one?

RP

First UK steam outline. They have definitely offered Scandinavian steam in the past. I wonder how they are going to power it? Centre motor and shaft drive to both bogies?

Yes, that makes sense. Interesting idea about a possible drive train.

• RMweb Gold

Gawd, unbelievable.....but must have :yahoo:

Think my pension fund will be suffering a further enexpected drawdown next year.....can't take it with me so better spend it and enjoy it :drinks:

Will this lead to another announcement from another retailer/manufacturer that they have been working on a similar project for the last few months........ :rolleyes:

Keith

If so it will need to be a beast of a motor - possibly one of their O gauge units!

Why so? In principle it is no more demanding than an Co-Co diesel type, six axles driven in two independent bogies. Regular HO size motors power these perfectly adequately and will move a longer train than most layouts can accomodate. What made me think centre motor and shaft drive is the relatively low asking price for a two chassis steam model; using a single motor is one possible way to keep the price in bounds. (If there was a 'treat all this as just one person's speculation' emoticon I would insert it here.)

Will this lead to another announcement from another retailer/manufacturer that they have been working on a similar project for the last few months........ :rolleyes:

I'd say fairly unlikely - this has to be right at the top of the pile of very high risk projects for OO. Best of luck to Hattons and Heljan on this one, they are going to need it.

If so it will need to be a beast of a motor - possibly one of their O gauge units!

Dave.

Reading the Hatton's spec., the first four examples have "twin motor loco." in the description.

cheers, Peter C.

Cor blimey........ Now that is a turn up for the books.... Got to give them their dues that is one big call. I am slightly scared by the next thread of the people using second radius going "it won't go round curves"

That is really surprising and amazing all at the same time