Class 144/143 Project Up-Date

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

Currently our advance shipment is stuck in a backlog at UK Customs, been there since Thursday!  Will they ever turn up!!!!    Possibly for the weekend.  Charlie

I can just imagine it now.

The BBC's Dominic Littlewood on "Fake Britain", slicing open cardboard boxes with 144's in.................... :butcher:

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Assuming we sell the 'TWO CAR' Class 144 then we plan:

We are open to suggestions, but we really need to sell the initial 2500 models in 2 X Versions of Northern & 2 x Versions of the later Metro Red & Silver waves livery. These liveries we are doing take us back over 4 versions/liveries. Any other liveies mean doing the earlier Bus Seats, these we are doing and our plans are for the second Metro/RR Red & Cream & Regional Railways liveries next, these specifically are:

2nd Metro Red & Cream with Arriva Branding (1 Numbered version)

2nd Metro Red & Cream with Regional Railways Branding (2 Numbered versions)

Regional Railways livery (2 Numbered versions)

The Class 143 Units have a different seating layout to the 144 Units, this we are doing; These are:

RT143-211 Arriva Trains Wales 143609 'Sir Tom Jones'

RT143-212 Arriva Trains Wales 143610

RT143-213 First Great Western 'Local Lines' livery 143611

RT143-214 First Great Western 'Local Lines' livery 143620

Later we plan Wessex Trains 'Visit Bristol Livery', Valley Lines & Regional Railways.

We have been asked for the original Provincial & Tyne & Wear Metro liveries but are uncertain if there is a demand for these, we need 300 orders to make them a goer! So please shout if interested.

A suggestion came for a Scottish Pair based on the Bathgate twins, destination blinds being Bathgate-Edinburgh, INTERESTED!!!

Please bear in mind we have to shift the original Northern & Metro batches first!!,

The second batch of NORTHERN purple are due here during May, there are 250 of each livery, and that's the Northern livery finished.  We only have approx. 300 of the Red & Silver left in Arriva & Northern. NO MORE of the Red ones will be produced so now is your last chance.  You have been warned!!

The Class 143 is coming along, with some minor chassis improvements, nothing dramatic though. The underfloor on the Class 143s is completely different to the Class 144 so this was the opportunity to do the minor changes here.

Work starts soon on our 'THIRD' model of a luverly DMU.

Work starts soon on our 'THIRD' model of a luverly DMU.

Ive gone and bought two class 144s already and no doubt will buy more to get the different livery (and matching seats!) to operate the layout I have in a different time frame.

To be honest though, the Third DMU is what Im waiting for. Chances are I will buy that many I could have bought one for real!

Are you tryin' to start a new round of frothin', Charlie???  ;)  ;)

I am very keen on getting one of the FGW 143s when they come. The artwork you have posted in a newer thread looks good ... very tempting!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived