Class 144/143 Project Up-Date

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

its got blue seats, I thought we'd flogged that one to death, they should be purple whatever the colour is actually called

they are wrong

Yes we know.

Maybe I'll do some modelling then. And paint the seat backs.

Maybe I'll paint the seats red. (Depending on timeframe)

post-408-0-03741000-1377730778_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Charlie kindly loaned me one of his review batch of 144's to test on New Bryford. Although I've regularly had my hands on the various devlopment units, this is a full production item and has never been out of the box

Straight out of the box, it runs smoothly and managed to negotiate some less than perfect tracklaying on New Bryford. Peco code 75 medium pointwork on the scenic sections and a mix of curved and short radius code 100 in the storage yards.

In both powered car leading and trailing modes it ran well with the only derailment occuring when I managed to run it through an incorrectly set point.......

I've fitted it with a standard DCC decoder, but hoping that Charlie will lend me a Loksound micro before the upcoming Blackburn exhibition, when it can get a full workout.

Here's a dodgy phone pic of the 144 looking at home on New Bryford.

attachicon.gifDSC_0346s.jpg

Charlie and Arran have every right to be proud of their baby that has gone through a long labour!

Cheers,

Mick

I don't think you can paint that one yellow... yet! :mail:

its got blue seats, I thought we'd flogged that one to death, they should be purple whatever the colour is actually called

they are wrong

We asked the Chinese to amend this, they said they would and as per normal they didn't, it would take you 15 minutes to paint them. Now as we are the only manufacturer to put in the correct seats and paint them the colour they were (That's the Red ones) I don't think most people would pay another £10.00 for grey plastic seats backs, at some stage in designing a 'All New' train you have to say Enough! As its taken too long now to get it out and a lot of that initially was us being very picky in getting it right. The unit when you see it is better than ALL others in my opinion and the price is not a rip off either, after spending £120,000 on the project we will leave the modellers out there to paint the seats Night Blue with Grey backs, plus the seat arms black plastic, the grab handles grey and the floor dark grey.

Oh heck!  The doors don't open either.

thanks for being open about that, i'm sure your disappointed it didn't get changed but yes, you're right, its still a stunning model and i'll support you with a purchase and i'll paint the seats

Lets hope many do, thanks for that. 

Roll on the 143, then its our NEW project!

Charlie

And just for interest, can you spot which container the 144's are in! This is our boat.

Vessel's Details

Ship Type: Container ship

Year Built: 2007

Length x Breadth: 337 m X 46 m

Gross Tonnage: 108069, DeadWeight: 111737 t

Speed recorded (Max / Average): 20.9 / 14.9 knots

Flag: Hongkong [HK]

Destination: FELIXSTOWE

post-3411-0-35139800-1378329624.jpg

• RMweb Premium

its the one in the middle row at the bottom....

hope it all comes together OK

Barry

PS the two sets Charlie brought down to Leeds Club worked well on the dodgy track joints of our test track - Peco Code 100

And just for interest, can you spot which container the 144's are in! This is our boat.

Vessel's Details

Ship Type: Container ship

Year Built: 2007

Length x Breadth: 337 m X 46 m

Gross Tonnage: 108069, DeadWeight: 111737 t

Speed recorded (Max / Average): 20.9 / 14.9 knots

Flag: Hongkong [HK]

Destination: FELIXSTOWE

According to latest shipping info, the CSCL Long Beach is due to arrive at Felixstowe on 12th September - not long now. I live 17 miles from Felixstowe so can do a nice range of slightly box damaged Class 144s, 'fell off the back of a container on the A12 - honest ---'

According to latest shipping info, the CSCL Long Beach is due to arrive at Felixstowe on 12th September - not long now. I live 17 miles from Felixstowe so can do a nice range of slightly box damaged Class 144s, 'fell off the back of a container on the A12 - honest ---'

The production batch is following 3 weeks behind this lot, we need some for evaluation, testing and ModelRail Newark & BRM Peterborough.  Shipping to most customers will be during October after inspection & testing both on DC & DCC.  So don't be chasing!!

With regards to plans for the DCC Sound version of these or for a chip to be done and released, is there any idea what the sound file list would be on the sound chips for the 144?

The sound project is currently being finished off, should appear on the REALTRACK & DC Kits websites shortly.

Charlie

If the projects not finished Charlie, what's on the chip you sent me last year?

Ian_B

The NEW 144 Project has been tuned to suit the production 144's, using the new model as the test bed, it includes passenger announcements and other refinements to suit perfectly the new model. Out last 142/143/144 project was based on the 'SUPERDUPER' Hornby 142 which as we know it the Rolls Royce of current DMUs!

Please note that 'Different Unit Options' are now available on the Realtrack Models Website.

The NEW 144 Project has been tuned to suit the production 144's, using the new model as the test bed, it includes passenger announcements and other refinements to suit perfectly the new model. Out last 142/143/144 project was based on the 'SUPERDUPER' Hornby 142 which as we know it the Rolls Royce of current DMUs!

Please note that 'Different Unit Options' are now available on the Realtrack Models Website.

post-3411-0-35185100-1379366281_thumb.jpg

Currently our advance shipment is stuck in a backlog at UK Customs, been there since Thursday!  Will they ever turn up!!!!    Possibly for the weekend.  Charlie

Shipments take 5-7 days to de-van from the container and arrive at the consignee.

Also it's worth noting that customs and tax (usually) has to be released/paid for before customs release is issued from the port.

UK custom and local trading standards will also usually look for signs of European electrical conformity etc on the box / models, and may request certification proof up front before release from the docks, on first produced models that use electricity.

HTH

Cheers

Dave

Archived