FLA Intermodal 'Low-Liner' Wagons

charliepetty

The current situation with the FLA Twinsets are as below:

FLA001: Sold Out (Some stock still available at some stockists)

FLA002: 21 Left (Also some available at stockists)

FLA003: Some left More ordered, due in October

FLA004: Some left More ordered, due in October

FLA005: On order for November

FLA006: On Order for November

Will keep you all updated as things progress. Arran & Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

Just fitted the Elite close couplings to my rake of PCA's really impressed, the train seems to run a lot smoother which is another great bonus.

Anybody tried fitting the Hunt couplings to the superb Real Track FLA's? Whilst the FLA's are great, I cant seem to fit the Hunt couplings which seem to snap and break off during fitting. 

Greatly appreciate any thoughts ...., many thanks.

Best,
Chris

• 1 month later...
On 12/07/2020 at 21:19, Chrisjh said:

Just fitted the Elite close couplings to my rake of PCA's really impressed, the train seems to run a lot smoother which is another great bonus.

Anybody tried fitting the Hunt couplings to the superb Real Track FLA's? Whilst the FLA's are great, I cant seem to fit the Hunt couplings which seem to snap and break off during fitting. 

Greatly appreciate any thoughts ...., many thanks.

Best,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I've managed it, but it's a pain to do. You need to file a bit off of the top and bottom of the plastic prongs on the couplings that go inside the NEM pocket. I use a cutting disk to gently remove a layer of plastic from the top and bottom. 

Dave.

Many thanks Dave, I must admit whilst the FLA's are fantastic wagons the Hunt Elite couplings don't seem to work very well with the FLA's. On my 10 set (20 wagons Train) after gluing the magnets into position so they don't dislodge (because of the weight of the wagons) on my large Radii curves the wagons de-rail so unfortunately I have reverted back to my NEM Sockets for now.

All the best,

Chris 

13 hours ago, Chrisjh said:

Many thanks Dave, I must admit whilst the FLA's are fantastic wagons the Hunt Elite couplings don't seem to work very well with the FLA's. On my 10 set (20 wagons Train) after gluing the magnets into position so they don't dislodge (because of the weight of the wagons) on my large Radii curves the wagons de-rail so unfortunately I have reverted back to my NEM Sockets for now.

All the best,

Chris 

The container bottoms can be clipped out and weights added too them.  Also try lubricating the axles, as ths will help too.

Charlie (Realtrack)

• 9 months later...
On 26/08/2020 at 22:06, charliepetty said:

The container bottoms can be clipped out and weights added too them.  Also try lubricating the axles, as ths will help too.

Charlie (Realtrack)

What is best to use for lubricating the axles?

Cheers Chris