PCA Cement Wagon Project

charliepetty

• RMweb Premium

Where did you get the 4mm scale Rapido coupling from? 

Looking forward to my few wagons making the long journey across Leeds. Will the next wagon be announced at THINGS?

Steven B

• Like 1

4 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Rapido Coupling ?    or am I being thick !!!!!  Charlie

Cement Castle Underside.JPG

I think it was a compliment on mistaking the wagon for a 00 gauge one, rather than a piece of N jewellery. ;-)

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/06/2019 at 15:55, Mike Harvey said:

I think it was a compliment on mistaking the wagon for a 00 gauge one, rather than a piece of N jewellery. ;-)

The Wagons are in Production, deliveries will be November all being well. They look really nice, Honest.

Edited by charliepetty
NEWS
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

The Wagons are in Production, deliveries will be September all being well. They look really nice, Honest.

Hi Charlie,

Which ones are arriving first?

Or are they all arriving at the same time?

Thanks

Phil H

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Accurascale, Realtrack

I know you have sold out on 2 of the Castle Cement packs (K & J) thus also the whole bundle option is now sold out but just a question on whether you guys would consider doing another run of these wagons in the future?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by classy52

2 hours ago, classy52 said:

Hi Accurascale, Realtrack

I know you have sold out on 2 of the Castle Cement packs (K & J) thus also the whole bundle option is now sold out but just a question on whether you guys would consider doing another run of these wagons in the future?

Cheers

Steve

Are we talking N Gauge here on the '00' Scale ones. 

Charlie

21 hours ago, steam-driven boy said:

Hi,

Delighted to see these truly fabulous looking N PCAs in person at the Warley show last weekend, really looking forward to receiving my order :D

Regards, Gerry.

These are being shipped as we speak.   Charlie & Arran

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, steam-driven boy said:

Hi,

My order just arrived, excellent!

Regards, Gerry.

What do you think, as we had the idea to fit Brass Pinpoint Bearings into the frames, this is the ONLY N Gauge model that I know off to feature this.

Charlie.    PPS Happy Christmas.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, charliepetty said:

What do you think, as we had the idea to fit Brass Pinpoint Bearings into the frames, this is the ONLY N Gauge model that I know off to feature this.

Charlie.    PPS Happy Christmas.

Hi Charlie,

Impressively smooth, I guess I'll benefit even more with the inevitable add on, bigger, order - only a matter of time (and finances!).

Thanks in part to yesterday it already is a Happy Christmas, but "right back at you" and to all :D

Regards, Gerry.

Mine arrived yesterday. Impressively close coupling and with the elongation mechanism even works round a 9 inch curve. Smooth running.

The packaging has a feel of quality. Removing and replacing the models in it is simple and well within what my banana fingers can achieve. The postman drop tested the packet through my letter box with no ill effects.

Lots of positives with these. 

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived yesterday - probably the most detailed N gauge model I’ve ever seen!!!

One query though; which of J, K, L or M packs were the ”Heidelberg” sub-branding and which were the “building a better environment” ‘eco-message’…. I would have preferred more of the “Heidelberg” sub-branding and fewer of the “building a better environment” ‘eco-message.... I received J, K and M all three of which were the ‘eco-message’ sub-branding - so my question is; is pack L the ”Heidelberg” sub-branding, or indeed were there even any of the ”Heidelberg” sub-branding produced???

i am hoping these are still available for further purchasing!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JR_P said:

Mine arrived yesterday - probably the most detailed N gauge model I’ve ever seen!!!

One query though; which of J, K, L or M packs were the ”Heidelberg” sub-branding and which were the “building a better environment” ‘eco-message’…. I would have preferred more of the “Heidelberg” sub-branding and fewer of the “building a better environment” ‘eco-message.... I received J, K and M all three of which were the ‘eco-message’ sub-branding - so my question is; is pack L the ”Heidelberg” sub-branding, or indeed were there even any of the ”Heidelberg” sub-branding produced???

i am hoping these are still available for further purchasing!!!

HI 

Still available from Realtrack and the C rail websites , please state what branding so i can get you the correct ones 

Regards Arran

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, arran said:

Still available from Realtrack and the C rail websites , please state what branding so i can get you the correct ones 

Thanks for the response Arran.

Maybe I’m really confused, but having received three out of a possible four of the packs and in livery-terms only the ‘eco-message’ wagons, it still isn’t clear to me which pack letter I need to order to get the Castle Cement ”Heidelberg” sub-branding :blink: !

.... or is it that the pack letter relates to the running numbers of the three wagons, rather than the specific livery.... but that would be a very peculiar way of doing things, not least that the running number is too small to read (for me, at least)....!

Thanks in advance for the additional clarification :smile_mini2: !

21 hours ago, JR_P said:

Looking at the Realtrack Models website, it states that pack J includes wagons numbered 10607, 10612 and 10625.  Coincidentally, the equivalent 00 pack J on the Accurascale website shows the same wagons with the building a better environment branding.  The Accurascale 00 packs K and M also include the building a better environment branding, so I'd assume that the same artwork has been used across both scales.

The Accurascale website indicates that the 00 pack L contains models of VTG 10602, 10610, and 10613 in the Heidelberg sub-branding and going back to the Realtrack website, N gauge pack L seems to include the same running numbers as the 00 equivalent.  As such, I'd suggest that this is the only pack that is likely to contain the branding that you want.  See https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pca-bulk-cement-wagon/products/pca-bulk-cement-castle-cement-pack-l

For those who have not seen the production versions yet I show here all three of my Castle Cement cars (RT-CC2029-J) which illustrates the close coupling on the straight. There is also a close up of one car to show the bodyside markings and colours on the discharge valve operating handles. It also shows that the black background to the TOPS number panel has not been printed.

PCAs straight from the box.jpg

PCA close up.jpg

Edited by Mike Harvey
  • Like 3