charliepetty

PCA Cement Wagon Project

HI All

The BCC cement tanks are all currently based in Oxwellmains and can be found on any of the services from the factory, there are plans to do the different walkways and ladders are the most notable differences, they also have different brakes and discharge arrangement.

How much of that I can get on as a difference i dont know yet, but i want to have the brakes changed if it's economic to do so, but i think the BCC ones will just be a sideshow compared to the Castle cement ones.

Regards Arran

• Like 1

Just wondering if there have been any recent developments with this project?

Just wondering if there have been any recent developments with this project?

We are running late on the 144/143 project so things are happening there and not on the PCA. Sorry Charlie

I think the BCC ones will just be a sideshow compared to the Castle cement ones.

Pity, it's the BCC versions that operate out of Oxwellmains that that I am interested in purchasing. I'm sure that they will be worth the wait when they eventually see the light of day.

Regards

David

Hi Charlie & Arran

It's been over 12 months since the last post. Where are you now on the PCA Cement Tanks?

Thanks Simon

Currently postponed due to the economic climate.  Sorry.  Charlie

Hi Charlie & Arran

It's been over 12 months since the last post. Where are you now on the PCA Cement Tanks?

Thanks Simon

Currently postponed due to the economic climate.  Sorry.  Charlie

Well I'm glad to hear that it's "postponed" rather than "cancelled".  It may still see the light of day before I get the track laid to run them on!

Regards

David

Hi Charlie & Arran

What's the latest on the PCA Cement Tanks. Are they still on the back burner?

Thanks Simon

YES: Until and upturn and Bachmann wagons stop being dumped at silly prices!

New metalair tanks at Liverpudlian retailer at near £15 each, hopefully a more realistic price to allow your wagon to see the light of day?

What kind of target price are you needing? £15 to £20 might be considered reasonable in the current climate.

I really hope these make it to the miniature rails hopefully sooner than later. I stay around 2 miles from Oxwellmains so have seen a fair few kicking about and it's the only gap in my rake of wagons. Also a perfect excuse for another FL 66..... Or two ;)

Hi Guys.

What's the current situation with the PCA project?

Its on the back burner until the wagon market stabilises.  Charlie 

Problem with waiting is that the wagon market may never stabilise.

Why not set up an expression of interest page on your website like revolution trains have done.

I know that wagons like these have gone from the £10-£20 bracket to the £15-£30 depending on how much

detail is included, but wouldn't it be prudent to know how many people out there would still be interested.

I myself would want between 12 & 16 Castle ones as I see them 3 times a week at farington junction.

Just found this thread.and noticed there hasn't been much activity of late. Are the wagons still on th3 back burner though or have they been cancelles

Just found this thread.and noticed there hasn't been much activity of late. Are the wagons still on th3 back burner though or have they been cancelles

Back Burner!   Sorry.  Charlie

Back Burner!   Sorry.  Charlie

Well, whenever this moves towards the front burners, i’ll Have 16 castle cements please.

• Like 1

Well, whenever this moves towards the front burners, i’ll Have 16 castle cements please.

Likewise!   :yes: