Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Non-railway modelling

• RMweb Gold

Cor thats nice, Is the Kit Buyable still, Love your Anson to.

Still available on eBay:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-Airforce-Hangar-1-48-scale-Model-Kit-LASERCUT-SET-Dimensions-75-x-56-cm/272695603029?hash=item3f7decaf55:g:m0MAAOSwsXFZLwqa

The Avro Anson is from a Sanger vacform kit.

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Premium

Cor thats nice, Is the Kit Buyable still, Love your Anson to.

I have a similar kit but in 1/72 scale.

Thanks

Grea

Many Thanks

Great result on the Annie considering its a Vaccie!! Blast from the Past. Only built 3 Vacforms, HP.188, 1/44 vulcan and an ATR.42 in Ryanair colours which the dog Ate :/

• RMweb Gold

I like the Bailey bridge. Is that a kit, or something you scratchbuilt? And Oddball and Moriarity; are the figures bought as those characters, or are they standard figures that you've modified?

The Bailey Bridge is a 1:48 injection molded kit by Wespe Models.

Oddball, Moriarity and Kelly are white metal figures produced by Onria Miniatures. The tank is a much modified Bandai kit.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 3

my dad has recently bought a set of kelly heroes figures but these are standing to do the final scene with the tiger commander

https://www.beastsofwar.com/oniria-miniatures/kelly/

hes got an AFV Club tiger kit to go with them

Slightly off-topic, I know, but the info on that set of figures says:

"a four pack of high quality miniatures that immortalize four characters from the 1970 movie Kelly's Heroes called The Deal  In this set you get Pvt. Kelly (Clint Eastwood), Sgt. Oddball (Donald Sutherland (my favorite)), MSgt. Big Joe (Telly Savalas) and of course Col. Dankhopf  (David Hurst)."

They've got that wrong. Dankhopf was the Colonel who they captured and who Kelly found the first bar of gold on. As far as I can remember, the Tiger commander character's name was never mentioned and the actor who played him was Karl Otto Alberty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everyone, over this weekend I have plans to visit an aerodrome with a lot of old aircraft and vehicles.  If anyone wants specific photos of anything in their collection, just let me know by the weekend.  Hopefully I can help someone else out with my photos.  

Heres a list of their collection, some of which may or may not be there ATM so I will see.  

https://oldrhinebeck.org/collection-2/

• Like 3

Hey there everyone, over this weekend I have plans to visit an aerodrome with a lot of old aircraft and vehicles.  If anyone wants specific photos of anything in their collection, just let me know by the weekend.  Hopefully I can help someone else out with my photos.  

Heres a list of their collection, some of which may or may not be there ATM so I will see.  

https://oldrhinebeck.org/collection-2/

You lucky, lucky b... I would love to go there and see the WW1 stuff flying.

Something a bit different from military models

1:144 HG Gunpla models   (which will be on my N gauge layout when at expos)

post-24669-0-21023600-1537736284_thumb.jpg

post-24669-0-06704600-1537736182_thumb.jpg

post-24669-0-77132900-1537736337_thumb.jpg

RX-78-2 Gundam

post-24669-0-20969100-1537736315_thumb.jpg

Barbatos  5th/6th form.  'Iron Blooded Orphans' with both sets of feet, shoulder and chest armour to do different set ups

post-24669-0-49658300-1537736220_thumb.jpg

post-24669-0-38573100-1537736245_thumb.jpg

wrench maze painted with satin light grey

post-24669-0-26580200-1537736399_thumb.jpg

with a 1:148 37

will be getting more soon  

Mark

• Like 3

The aerodrome was a fun day out. And I got plenty of photos from the WWI airshow portion, however my photos from the museum got deleted when my camera messed up the memory card formatting somehow. So a quick run around the museum in the last 45 minutes of the day was all I got to walk away with.

I think Ive missed quite a few photos I wouldve liked to retake, but what can you do?

But I did buy 3 1/72nd aircraft kits from the giftshop made by companies Ive never heard of, for fairly cheap as well! Total of about $26USD for 3 kits aint too bad of a find.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The aerodrome was a fun day out. And I got plenty of photos from the WWI airshow portion, however my photos from the museum got deleted when my camera messed up the memory card formatting somehow. So a quick run around the museum in the last 45 minutes of the day was all I got to walk away with.

I think Ive missed quite a few photos I wouldve liked to retake, but what can you do?

But I did buy 3 1/72nd aircraft kits from the giftshop made by companies Ive never heard of, for fairly cheap as well! Total of about $26USD for 3 kits aint too bad of a find.

What were the kits of?

An Eastern Express- Moraine Saulnier

A Toko- Pfalz DXII

An Emhar- Anatra Anasal DS

Eastern Express I think Ive seen some kits of online but never built one.

They also had some vac form Pegasus kits on the peg, but at $25 a pop Im not going to try my hand at one. I hate vac formed parts for any purpose. Always a pain to trim and join.

I do still have a couple injection Pegasus kits in my stash I have to get around to, but the part fit is dreadful and requires fully scratchbuilt interiors which isnt particularly easy for early aircraft with little to no reference material available online.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

This has been distracting me for over a month but it's finally finished. A 1:144 P3-C Orion.

post-6821-0-87261200-1538326447_thumb.jpg

post-6821-0-59091400-1538326446_thumb.jpg

Many years ago I bought the 1:72 Hasegawa kit, but never got round to building it as it was far too big and later sold it on. As space is still a problem I'm downscaling my aircraft to 1:144. There are lots of new quality kits in this scale, this one from the early 80s seems just as good.

• Like 18

1/72 scale Nieuport 17, built from an Eduard kit. Finished as one of several aircraft flown by France's third highest ranking ace (43 victories) Charles Eugene Jules Marie Nungesser,  with his personal insignia of a black heart, edged white, with skull, crossbones, candlesticks and coffin. Nungesser survived the war but took off on a transatlantic flight in 1927, never to be seen again.

The figure is something that I cannot remember the origin of but I painted in French uniform. He looks a lot fatter than Nungesser!

post-494-0-31728700-1538684245.jpg

post-494-0-71333500-1538684277.jpg

post-494-0-16286000-1538684313.jpg

• Like 19