Interesting collection of rolling stock and industrial shunters

Found this interesting you tube clip courtesy of my son. Putting the absolutely amazing street trial cycling to one side (including cycling down the main lifting cable of a rail crane) clock the wonderful collection of rolling stock and industrial shunters at this place in Ayrshire. (and the wonderful industrial architecture as well!!)

• RMweb Premium

Saw it on C4 last night as part of series of short films of extreme sports under the title "Concrete Circus".

As a cyclist and railway enthusiast - brilliant is all I could say.

The best trick, although not high or dangerous, was the jump and 180degree spin from one rail head to another.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

The credits at the end confirmed it for me, The Ayrshire Railway Preservation Society at Dalmellington

It is, but it's at the other end of the line from the place that's signposted (the main site).

Guest stuartp

It is, but it's at the other end of the line from the place that's signposted (the main site).

Yes, they keep getting moved about, the site is vast and their various landlords keep going bust or digging bits of it up to opencast it. They were at both ends (ironworks/washery site and Minnevey colliery) when I went.

YouTube is blocked on this PC but I look forward to watching that at home.

Archived