West London AG Meeting

backofanenvelope

Dear all,

Just a reminder that we are meeting for the second time next week Wednesday 24th August at 6pm onwards in the Pride of Paddington http://theprideofpaddington.co.uk/Contact-Us-and-Directions%281528568%29.htm. I am waiting for the members list to invite people not connected to the information super-highway! :) Any questions let me know.

Anyway hopefully see you there.

Tom

a pleasant evening only 3 of us turned up but as its holiday season .... were hoping the attendance picks up.

subjects discussed included

the lack of 2mm FS wheels wheels

up coming new loco kits

a possible source of ready made 2mm FS points ( its a friend of mine who is looking to earn a few bob details to come soon)

A possible meeting room was identified but at 50 pounds was a bit on the pricey side unless we get better attendance

the next meet will be sept 21st

West London Groupies I would like to set up a mail list for us and would like to ask for anyone interested to forward me a personal email address that can be used for purely updates to meetings.

I have a few goodies that I will reveal nearer the time for the attendees

Regards

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who came tonight good to see new faces and our numbers were swelled by more than double, chat was had, drink was drunk and more plans planned. As stated before need for home to do some modelling activities for those that want to.. further avenues to follow up :)

Lots of <cough> GWR talk and methods and places to carry out historical research. Thanks to Mark.

Next meeting to be 19th Oct 6pm Pride of Paddington

Regards

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi folks a reminder about the next get together Wed night 19th in the pride all welcome and for a theme for the night bring and tell ..... some thing your may be working on . a dode , a plan ( not enough room for a layout though unless its a box file one )

Another meeting 5 of us turned up and we had a good chat about various subjects such as the colours of GWR wagons and 3D modeling

we are going to be moving on to a private venue for the next meeting to be held on wed the 23rd of Nov there will be a charge but please do not let that put you off more details to follow

be good Nigel

Another meeting 5 of us turned up and we had a good chat about various subjects such as the colours of GWR wagons and 3D modeling

There's a couple of topics I'd be interested in, although I already made my decision about grey for wagons.

Yes and thanks to Mike for the cakes and look at the RP LT Stock. This as the Americans say is the game changer..

Tom

Having got my 'prints' from shapeways I have to agree. For tin can trains it really could be the answer for easy to build kits in short production runs.

It's a shame that I'm not nearer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a reminder that we are meeting next week 23rd November, unfortunately we have not found a room to model in yet but watch this space! So come along to the Pride of Paddington opposite Padding Station at 6pm onwards for friendly chat and a beverage of your choice.

Regards

Tom

Gents,

Another meeting and perhaps another place to meet next time, more centrally.

If I haven't started it, and if I remember, I'll bring my new Warley acquired GWR "Insixfish" kit from Ntastic.

Its pretty simple, (Dapol chasis included) but would welcome any input to make it up to 2mm standard as opposed to ordinary n gauge.!

Regards,

Myles

Forward planning for December, as indicated by Myles in the post above.

1. Christmas falls rather too close to next month's date, so we intend to have the meeting a week early, on Wednesday 14th instead of 21st.

2. Alternative venue under investigation by nigelb, in Holborn, but not yet confirmed (which might allow enough space to actually do some modelling, rather than just talking about it). Watch this space for further news.

David

and not to forget Gingerbreads amazing PO wagons

some thing yours truly has recently noticed ......... my Kodak photo printer has a WHITE ink in the cartridge . i will be playing next week to see of it pronts white on coloured papers. and an working with Mr Wiffin to seee if i can get it to work on clear acetates

Fingers crossed

Archived