Class 506 EMU, Search for Information.

Alex Duckworth

Please can anyone help with the location of plans or drawings for the Class 506 EMU. Extensive Googling has not been fruitful.

thanks,

Alex.

Hi,

Bill Bedford did or does etches for the similar Shenfield unit, see September Hornby magazine.

Steve

Hi,

Bill Bedford did or does etches for the similar Shenfield unit, see September Hornby magazine.

Steve

When I enquired about 6 months ago I was told that these were out of production, so I'll look forward to finding out more also. MTK did a kit for a 506 some years ago IIRC that's what the one that runs on Market Roundham is.

• RMweb Premium

Hello Adanapress, yes please, I'd like to see that Shenfield roof photo. And Alastair, I wasn't aware of the Skinley drawings, any more info. would be very welcome. Thanks to you both.

Hi

I have some drawings I used when I built my 2mm 506, drop me a PM.

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

the last surviving 306 now resides at the East Anglian railway museum, took me by suprise seeing it there at the weekend.

Although they were hacked about a bit in the early 1960's to make them into 25kv EMU's, I think the basic 1500v original 306 is still recognisable.

As far as I understand the 306's and 506's had many similarities.

Mike

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the Skinley drawings are accurate? I'm afraid the Woodhead bug has bitten again and I am planning on doing a 3D CAD model of the 506, also what if any differences was there between a 506 and a 306?

Thanks all,

Mark.

• 9 years later...