OO gauge Turbot

DapolDave

I spotted a Turbot on one of Kernows latest posts

Do you have a link pls?

Only picture of a Turbot I can see on their website is the one to ilustrate the Cambrian kit.  Only Turbot-like wagon picture on their Facebook page recently was the EWS SPA wagon.  

Do you have a link pls?

I believe it came about when someone posted a Facebook link yesterday, where Kernow showed some previously unannounced Farish limited editions in their boxes. In the background is what seems to be an 'oo' sample of a wagon similar to a Turbot. Here is the link if it works.

https://www.facebook.com/KernowModelRailCentre/photos/a.312706475437573.66640.207521425956079/1650880761620131/?type=3&theater

I believe it came about when someone posted a Facebook link yesterday, where Kernow showed some previously unannounced Farish limited editions in their boxes. In the background is what seems to be an 'oo' sample of a wagon similar to a Turbot. Here is the link if it works.

https://www.facebook.com/KernowModelRailCentre/photos/a.312706475437573.66640.207521425956079/1650880761620131/?type=3&theater

You are right by background by new design of 00 gauge ready to run of turbot by I has seen that

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

There seems to be no clear idea if the Kernow Turbots are the much delayed Dapol model or are being made for Kernow by someone else.

If the latter then the Dapol one is effectively dead and buried.

I spoke to Dapol at their stand at the GCR event earlier in the Summer, and enquired about any progress that they may have made on this long outstanding project.

I was told that a wagon had been scanned and they at that time, were expecting to have something to show at Warley.

So unless their plans have changed,I'm hoping to see something from them then.My guess would be that we may have a turbot from both Dapol and Kernow.If that is the case,then it would be interesting to compare one with the other as I've been patiently waiting to buy some for quite a while.

• RMweb Gold

I spoke to Dapol at their stand at the GCR event earlier in the Summer, and enquired about any progress that they may have made on this long outstanding project.

I was told that a wagon had been scanned and they at that time, were expecting to have something to show at Warley.

So unless their plans have changed,I'm hoping to see something from them then.My guess would be that we may have a turbot from both Dapol and Kernow.If that is the case,then it would be interesting to compare one with the other as I've been patiently waiting to buy some for quite a while.

I wish someone would scan a nice Yoeman PGA

• 4 weeks later...

I was told that a wagon had been scanned 

Since the survivors all have the scars of 40 years missuse, I wonder if the scan (if it happened) would be any use at all? I'd have thought drawing from scratch would be better - and we know that happened (albeit very badly) whilst DJ was at Dapol because we saw the results.

Jon

• 1 month later...

copied from the Dapol FB page

Paul

Thank you for that from a Windows Vista user for whom FB doesn’t work. (I have a Windows 10 PC but hate it.)

Sprung buffers and working instanter couplings? Most intriguing. Dapol has a good record with more modern wagons. I fancy three (or six).

Since the survivors all have the scars of 40 years missuse, I wonder if the scan (if it happened) would be any use at all? I'd have thought drawing from scratch would be better - and we know that happened (albeit very badly) whilst DJ was at Dapol because we saw the results.

Jon

Why not just dust off your collection of Model Railway Constructor and use Trevor Mann's published drawings?

Mark Saunders

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

Having looked at the other version of this wagon. I was wondering if there was any further news of the Dapol version. I've had a look on the Dapol forum. But nothing new there. Hopefully it's still going ahead.

• 1 month later...