Dragon Steels, South Wales metals traffic 1990-1992

Wayne 37901

Just a quick update to say that Dragon Steels has to look for a new home as space is needed for the new layout. I've had fun with the layout but a change of gauges means it has to move on.

I haven't written up an advert yet but if anyone is interested feel free to send a pm to discuss further. The one proviso is that any potential new owner must be able to collect from South Wales.

Cheers

Wayne

• 1 year later...
On 14/09/2019 at 14:56, timbowilts said:

Wayne, what happened to Dragon Steels in the end?

Tim T

Hi Tim!

Thanks for stopping by!

First of all I can't believe it's been two years since I last posted in this thread!

Secondly to answer your question, Dragon Steels still exists it's just in storage in the landing cupboard. I'm potentially thinking of rebuilding it but at the moment I need to get the Speedlink layout presentable as it's booked for a show in January.

Cheers.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Wayne 37901 said:

....... at the moment I need to get the Speedlink layout presentable as it's booked for a show in January.

Cheers.

Plenty of time for the paint to dry then........

6 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Plenty of time for the paint to dry then........

:laugh_mini:

I always thought Anti-Vandal paint wasn't meant to dry? 

Note to self, don't decide your fascias need another coat of paint the day before a show!!

• 1 year later...

Crikey! It's been a while since I posted in here. I put that down to a combination of a change of job and associated work pattern and also busy with exhibiting my EM gauge China clay layout as well as building stock for it.

A while ago I was unsure what to do with Dragon Steels. I went through the options of selling it, turning it into a small US based switching layout (yes, I have a slight interest in such things) or rebuilding it. Eventually I decided at some point I would go for the last option, mainly because it's the first layout I built and finished all by my own hand and the first one I exhibited by myself rather than with a club.

Despite mainly being an EM modeller now I've decided that the layout will stay OO gauge and there's a couple of reasons for this, one being that not all of my current stock needs converting to EM, another reason will be clear later.

Anyway enough preamble, this morning I made a start on dismantling it for the rebuild.

IMG_20210220_105251.jpg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1