Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Debenham/Hursley 7mm Scale layouts.

9 minutes ago, t-b-g said:

Wallsea, Tan-y-grisau, Corris, Chipping Norton and Leintwardine made up the full list of layouts.

It isn't that I have a good memory it is just that some sad people still have the brochure! 

Please could you remind me of the dates for the show? 

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, t-b-g said:

I spent most of the time looking at Leighton Buzzard as I was pretty sure it would be the only time I ever got to see it!

Wonder what ever happened to it?... :)

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, robertcwp said:

Please could you remind me of the dates for the show? 

Late 1990 I think, I recall it being chuffin cold in the queue. Think it ran for three days.

Travelled from the north coast of Britain for the show, mainly to see LB - Peter Denny was a huge influence on me and to be able to see it in the flesh was the absolute highlight of the day. Unfortunately never got a chance to talk with him and abandoned the queue for Hursley as there was plenty else to see and I had a train north to catch. It was beyond the wildest imaginings that one day I could see Buckingham on a screen in full colour still going strong and carefully conserved. Busiest show I have ever been to but was well worth the trip.

Edited by Ben Alder

4 minutes ago, t-b-g said:

Still got the book out!

1st, 2nd and 3rd November 1990.

Thanks. For some reason now lost in the mists of time, I could not go on the Saturday so had to go after work, which left very little time to see things. I do recall deciding against queuing to see Hursley. I have no real recollection of any layouts except Dunwich although I must have seen most if not all of them, even if only briefly.

I wish I had been able to record Roy Jackson's excellent talk at Expo EM in 2017 or thereabouts. He spoke about the show (and many other things) and had photos of it.  I remember asking him about what happened to Dunwich and he did not seem very pleased with what became of it.

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, PMP said:

I should have remembered Corris and Leintwardine, both favourites of that era. I still think it was worth the queuing for a couple of hours outside, and joining the internal queue to shuffle past Hursley. A brilliant exhibition.

11 hours ago, t-b-g said:

Roy Jackson always said it was the best he ever went to. In terms of quality I think he was right. The queuing to get in and the huge crush inside made it rather hard work. I didn't fancy another long wait to see Hursley so I gave it a miss. 

I spent most of the time looking at Leighton Buzzard as I was pretty sure it would be the only time I ever got to see it!

But yes, it was very special.

Wally and I managed to jump the que for Hursley as we got invited by Martin to view from the exhibitors side. We both knew him because he was the proprietor of Blue Peter our local model shop.

• Like 1