Leigh mrs

johnd

Hi Johnd,

Yes! Leigh Model Railway Society are still alive and well, unfortunately they did have some problems last year (resolved) and then, this past year - they were well advanced with organising their annual exhibition when sadly, Wigan metro pulled the plug on them.

To the best of my knowledge, they will be back with an exhibition next year.

If you drop me a PM, I'll send details of who to contact should you wish to go along to their revamped clubrooms.

Cheers,

John E.

Hi Johnd,

Yes! Leigh Model Railway Society are still alive and well, unfortunately they did have some problems last year (resolved) and then, this past year - they were well advanced with organising their annual exhibition when sadly, Wigan metro pulled the plug on them.

To the best of my knowledge, they will be back with an exhibition next year.

If you drop me a PM, I'll send details of who to contact should you wish to go along to their revamped clubrooms.

Cheers,

John E.

Thx for the info, I live on the hilly side of Manchester (nearest station the backwater known as Denton) and my son currently lives in Leigh, hence the visit to the show last year along with our future in laws who fortunatly shares the interest in model railways.

So I shall keep a look out for next years show.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello

Not sure if this any help to them but it did help me..

If they are having problems with their website and want another building then please pass on

these contact details, tell them to email chris.morgan@bluegoldfish.com

He has helped us after webs.com kept messing us around with dropping out and charging us for things we didnt use.

He also hosts the ELR website and Forum.

www.ramsbottommrc.org.uk this is our new website with cool new features....Preston & distric mrc have also enquired about him doing them a website so

looks like more will ask for his help.

Dan Jones

Club Secretary for Ramsbottom Model Railway Club

• 3 months later...

Hi Dan.Hi johnd.. Yes Dan we have had the same trouble with our website as you. Thanks for the info. .... In reply to johnd... 2012 exhibition will be at St Josephs Hall (Nr Police Station) As Allegheny1600 stated Wigan MBC pulled funding on the community catering project (home economics) leaving us without toilets /water/brew area or catering and infringing legal H&S requirements a couple of months before the exhibition, needless to say we was not happy with them.

Feel free to have a look at our blogspot>>>>>>> http://leighmodelrail.blogspot.com/

Thank You

D.R.McHugh

Librarian & Comity Member Leigh Model Railway Society

Archived