Hornby corroded class 31 chassis

locospotter

Well guys , just sent yet another email to Hornby to try to find the disposition of my locos and when if ever i will see them again . Anybody willing to take odds on WHEN , IF or What the reply will be if i even get one ??? :-)

Martin

Well guys , just sent yet another email to Hornby to try to find the disposition of my locos and when if ever i will see them again . Anybody willing to take odds on WHEN , IF or What the reply will be if i even get one ??? :-)

Martin

I will be very interested to hear what the reply from Hornby advises.

In about 2 weeks time my D5512 will have been back at Hornby for 12 months awaiting repair.

Im seriously thinking of sending a 1st birthday card to the Hornby - Customer Care/Service Department in the way of a reminder!!

Just checked the Hornby 2012 product range - BR Green Class 31 is a code no: R3144 - Hornby web page gives no release date.

However checking the Kernow Model Rail shop web page they are showing an estimated release date of ----- WAIT FOR IT .......

3RD QUARTER 2012

:laugh_mini: :O :triniti:

I made the above post on the 1st February 2012.

It would appear that my " guesstimate on the time line for replacements " is reasonably accurate.

A " Thank you " to Andy for keeping us updated on the current Hornby reply.

Rest assured, they will be resolving the matter and are as frustrated as anyone over the length of time it's taking.

Thanks Andy , being so far away from it all leaves one with a feeling of helpless especially when you never get any replies to emails !!

• RMweb Premium

so do I bother or do I email Hornby? Mine has now been rescued from the loft where the cab ends are close to disconnect from the rest of the loco. Shame as its a good looking loco but has been used twice....

so do I bother or do I email Hornby? Mine has now been rescued from the loft where the cab ends are close to disconnect from the rest of the loco. Shame as its a good looking loco but has been used twice....

If you get an answer from Hornby consider yourself fortunate ????

////'/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good grief Charlie brown this must be my week of great karma , not only did I get my Blue Pullman in record time but i got an email from Hornby telling me that the replacement chassis were in and i will be getting mine back in a week or so ........... I think i am going to go by a lottery ticket , just in case :-)

• Like 1

I had a phone call this afternoon from Hornby to say that I had sent one incomplete without a cab insert in it and that they would have to send it back incomplete. I have no problem with this as I have the units here and will be very pleased to be re-united with all my locos by the end of the week. Excellent news, well done Hornby and well done Simon Kohler.

• RMweb Premium

A response from Hornby ( I take it others have had similar?) send it back for assessment. ...... wonder if I can deliver it at Warley and save postage?

My BR green Class 31 has been received back from Hornby - new chassis and new bodyshell.

Looks good and runs very well. ( Currently being gently run-in on my test track oval )

WELL DONE - Hornby and and massive THANK YOU.

Also a big - THANK YOU - - to RM web and its members for posting on this topic.

Just an few observations on the returned locomotive -

D5512 is now - D5511.

The shade of green used on the body shell is darker than the original, which had a matt finish. The darker finish appears to enhance the " duck egg blue " body side stripes.

A very satisfactory outcome.

Will complement my Hornby - Thompson and Gresley BR surburban coach 4 car set.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Just re-checked both my R2421 "31110" Dutch liveried & R2571 "31111" BR Blue liveried versions and have found no trace of mazac rot or even bulgung / whitening to suggest such is developing (Both are affected versions).

Are there others who have the same versions and are similarily problem-free or am I resting my forehead on the beach ?

SM

Edited by Southernman46