Etched Kit Construction - SH Catfish

Bryn

• RMweb Gold

I was always impressed by your 40

Me too....along with all the other rolling stock you produced Bernard...I presume you still have it all?

Care to share them in a thread or gallery for us? :yes:

Me too....along with all the other rolling stock you produced Bernard...I presume you still have it all?

Care to share them in a thread or gallery for us? :yes:

That's a great idea Pete! I think it would be a crying shame to deprive people of Bernard's miniature masterpieces. If you have time Bernard, I would really appreciate if you could do a small write up for us all. A quick picture and description would be of great interest to up and coming small scale modellers, especially for those of us who missed out on your original articles.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It looks like the weather might be a bit brighter tomorrow. If it is I'll dig out some of the old stuff. No fancy pics, just the models on a bit of track against some plain card.

The old 37 bodies were pretty good for their time and did capture the nose and front windows well, with the proper angled screens unlike some 00 models of the time. I reckon you should give a 40 a go, Bryn. I'm pretty sure I've got the bits you need going spare.

I've started a new thread under 'Modifying & Detailing RTR Stock' here

• RMweb Gold

I'll dig out some of the old stuff. No fancy pics, just the models on a bit of track against some plain card.

Sounds perfect!

I remember the deltic well...but it was the obese Lima 31 I took my razor saw too as per your article...

BoT - Is the Catfish kit more difficult then the dogfish...I think I have a few of each tucked away...

I've not finished any dogfish, but have one part-built. They're very similar to the catfish in design, but with the extra bits which the real ones had (extra chutes to drop stone onto the ends of the sleeper as well as the middle). I suppose I ought to get cracking with that one as well! :rolleyes:

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived