James Makin's Workbench - 1990s dirty diesels & grotty wagons

James Makin

James

Having seen the SPA on the Small Suppliers Thread, I have wandered over here!

Your stuff is inspiring - thanks for sharing the techniques. For me, this is what Rmweb is about - inspiration!

Happy Christmas

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It's not technically 'on my workbench' and I've posted this elsewhere on the Loftus Road thread but this little scratchbuilding project accounts for some of the slow progress on my other rolling stock projects of late...

27673845043_f4a553a512_b.jpgScratchbuilt petrol station by James Makin for Worthing MRC's Loftus Road by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

28185424652_dcbd209d8d_b.jpgScratchbuilt petrol station by James Makin for Worthing MRC's Loftus Road by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

27673836233_77d27c1387_b.jpgScratchbuilt petrol station by James Makin for Worthing MRC's Loftus Road by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

28007936070_ca81b1c7be_b.jpgScratchbuilt petrol station by James Makin for Worthing MRC's Loftus Road by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

Full build details are on the Loftus Road thread -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69628-loftus-road-by-worthing-mrc/page-5 

Back to some other modelling..!

Cheers,

James

Edited by James Makin
  • Like 12

Hi James,

firstly; wow on the garage... that is quite stunning work!

Secondly, can I ask what you used as the 'donor' for the Fragonset 47 please? It's absolutely top work. I fancy 47709 Dionysos, myself.

Looking forward, as ever, to further updates.

Thanks,

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Hi James,

firstly; wow on the garage... that is quite stunning work!

Secondly, can I ask what you used as the 'donor' for the Fragonset 47 please? It's absolutely top work. I fancy 47709 Dionysos, myself.

Looking forward, as ever, to further updates.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks Chris!

For the Fragonset 47712, this started life as Bachmann's 47301 in Railfreight 'Red Stripe' colours, it needed a few small roof boiler port changes and a set of the refurbished fuel tanks but otherwise good to go!

• RMweb Premium

See Loftus Road at the Stafford Railway Exhibition 31st January & 1st February 2015

See www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk for the full list of over 40 quality layouts and over 40 traders.

Terry

• Like 1

All I will say is that having seen the petrol station in the flesh tonight on the layout, it looks even better in real life. I am sure that those of you who intend to see it at Stafford and Salisbury this year, will find much to enjoy in that one scenario alone!

It's not technically 'on my workbench' and I've posted this elsewhere on the Loftus Road thread but this little scratchbuilding project accounts for some of the slow progress on my other rolling stock projects of late...

0-0-0-0-0-0aaaLRPS03.jpg

Full build details are on the Loftus Road thread -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69628-loftus-road-by-worthing-mrc/page-5 

Back to some other modelling..!

Cheers,

James

Fantastic observation. Even better execution.

And as for the football on the roof, well, what can I say? 

Truly wonderful, inspirational modelling sir.

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...