Stunning work as usual James! I have certainly been inspired by your work to tackle mid 2000s 37698/37114 so keep the awesome modelling coming!

Kind regards,

Will

• Thanks 1

Brilliant and a great back story !

• Thanks 1

Awesome class 37 James. Out of the park!

• Thanks 1

City of Hereford - one I’ve wanted to tackle in N gauge! Your faded red is spot on - as always, inspirational work James.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jonas said:

City of Hereford - one I’ve wanted to tackle in N gauge! Your faded red is spot on - as always, inspirational work James.

Thanks very much! 

The fading was a bit touch and go at times, it’s a mix of white and light grey paint-on/wipe-off washes, it always looks too drastic at first until the later layers of brown/grey washes fill in all the crevices and even up the appearance! :lol:

Cheers,

James

• Thanks 1

Very nice !

you must have enough to fill didcot SP several times over now !

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

11 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Very nice !

you must have enough to fill didcot SP several times over now !

Haha, possibly more working Class 47s than the real EWS could muster at any given time :lol:

• Funny 4

Careful with the hoovers James, once bitten forever smitten.....

Even that bloke with all the Yellow stock has got one. :lol:

I visit the Southampton area fairly frequently for work, and try to make sure I stay near enough to Eastleigh to make it possible to spend a couple of hours of the evening at the station (after driving over the bridge to view the works!)

A very pleasant way to pass on a couple of hours !!

cheers,

Phil.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

A stack of containers and a pile of ballast where 33s, 37s , 47x and 50s once sat..... oh what the railways have become  :(

There are many people who would be upset with you James for putting 50s in the same company as Westerns and Deltics? I’m not one of them. I’m glad you had the chance. Cool aren’t they ;)

(old codger mode on) Back in my day they were sat in that yard on mk2 NSE stock waiting to run ECS to Waterloo. They were the days :) (old codger mode off)

Griff

• Like 3

Glad you had a nice day out .

50s - yes , used to love them on GWML, broke up motony of HSTs and class 117 DMUs.

Distinctive noise , fantastic new livery ( LL) and great names . In all honesty they were a basket case for reliability though and despite the refurbishment they lasted only another decade .

strangely when I got back into railways , the Hornby 50 just didn’t seem to do it and I only ever brought one . I think we are crying out for a new 4mm version 

• Like 1

Gorgeous. The sub sector liveries where awesome, and the coal one really striking! Coupled with your usual attention to detail, another stunning model.

• Agree 1

Stunning work James! I like the rusty marks where the double arrows were. 

• Agree 1

Really nice that .

I don’t think I ever saw any of the sector logos unfortunately , EWS was already painting what it thought had a future and everything else was scrapped by the time I got interested again 

• Like 1

Nice one James,

These were EWS primary target for extinction IIRC

• Thanks 1

Superb work again James. Such a high level of work clearly gone into these and your other locos. 

• Thanks 1

This diamonds on 314 are just sublime! Great work.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for the nice comments guys!

Those RF diamonds were fun to tackle! It was one of those moments where I had a look at the faded ones that Fox Transfers do and looking back at 47314, realising they just weren't going to cut it! :lol:

There were quite a few absolute heaps of 47s still running about in 1998 in similar condition so I am tempted to tackle a few more of those in time, give something else to go on those MOD services!

Cheers,

James

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Maybe a bit early for your period, but 47 361 Wilton Endeavour was a regular through Didcot in 96 / 97

A Tinsley engine at the time  It was in a very sorry looking state in its very faded RFD livery. It would make a fun model to try and replicate.

Geoff.

• Thanks 1