'MONKS SIDING' - Modern Image MGR operations

Arpleymodeller

Cracking stuff Lewis. Really liking the track... I'm just about to embark on my own attempts of track laying and was wondering about rail joiners. Did you use anything?

Cheers

Will 

P.S. liking your 60s on your thread/flickr :)

• Like 1

On 19/03/2019 at 22:53, dj_crisp said:

Cracking stuff Lewis. Really liking the track... I'm just about to embark on my own attempts of track laying and was wondering about rail joiners. Did you use anything?

Cheers

Will 

P.S. liking your 60s on your thread/flickr :)

Hiya Will,

Cheers! Well actually I didn't! Simply filed the edges of the rails smooth and pushed them together and then fitted cosmetic Brass masters etched fishplates to the joins. Not had any trouble so far....every section of track is live so unlike trainsets the fishplates aren't needed for keeping the electric flowing....

Thank you! Well 60099 is currently the only one I've not finished need to get it weathered and showcased! 

Regards 

Lewis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/03/2019 at 22:03, Chris56057 said:

Lovely work here Lewis. Keep us posted with further updates. Interested to know how you did the road over bridge?

Thanks Chris!

I will do I intend to keep progress and updates steady! 

Well it was completely scratchbuilt it's the one that used to feature on my other layout Dallam TMD but it has been pinched! Basically the supports are plywood with English bond brick sheet layered over. The deck is a piece of plywood which then had the beams glued underneath. The same method of plywood and plasticard was used for the sides just needs some coping stones to finish it off....was thinking if using blu tack and moulding some and then painting them. 

I'll take some more photos of it tomorrow. 

Hope this helps

Regards

Lewis 

• 1 month later...
On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:36, Arpleymodeller said:

Cheers mate! Been busy working on a few more bits I'll make an update for tomorrow evening. 

Stay tuned! 

Lewis 

Ok sounds good :good_mini:

thanks neil..

• 2 months later...