Gaugemaster Open Day 10-11 September

009matt

A free exhibition put on by gaugemaster. http://www.gaugemast...penweekend.html

Quahog Lumber Company (From the 2010 RmWEb Challenge) will be there, as will Yamanouchi Oshika (N) which is on here, as well as Lynbottom, a T scale on a toilet seat!

Anyone popping along on Sat/Sun, pleasemake yourself noticed!

Matt

QLC

Also make yourself known at Lynbottom, please! C'est moi!

• RMweb Gold

Gaugemaster are a great company. Their staff are friendly, knowledgeable and have patience to explain. Great exhibition - only downside were that there were no trains running to Ford because of engineering works!

....you should have been there yesterday.....there were loads of trains passing through Ford Station - the level crossing barriers were going up and down every five minutes......

Keith

• RMweb Premium

On a typical Saturday sixteen trains an hour pass through Ford by my workings out:

4 x Up Arun Valley Fasts (2 up and 2 down)

4 x Up Arun Valley Stoppers

2 Littlehampton - Pompeys

2 Littlehampton - Bognor

2 Brighton - Southampton

2 Brighton - Pompey

Plus an occasional First Great Western service occasionally cunningly disguised as a SWT 159...

Of course Sunday there was nothing due to the engineering works, some of it replace the cabling that was damaged by the copper fairies on Monday night amongest other jobs.

I went to the Open Day on the Saturday, lunchtime/early afternoon. It was rammed!!!

The frequency only really seemed to cause a traffic problem with the number of car trying to get in/out of the car park field... nice to see all gauges in such a small location... T, Z, N, HO, OO, G, whatever the live steam was, and 12" to the ft. Very busy... but enjoyable and very friendly staff all round - my boys loved the electrostar sweet tubes! Left just before the downpour!

Archived