Southcote Primary School

Silchester Road

Southcote

Reading

RG30 3EJ

Prices ???. Not shown on poster

Poster says parking is free at the school

Layouts in N gauge to 16mm.

Free train rides at RSME site in prospect park (i'm assuming with a ticket to the exhibition. Poster does not state)

Free Vintage bus between school and RSME site in Prospect Park.

I have a few hours to kill in the morning with the kids before I chauffeur them to various parties in the afternoon so will be going.

I am not aware of the full list of exhibits, however Marlow Maidenhead & Dist MRC will be exhibiting three layouts at this show.

Firstly, a rare outing for the club owned layout Shirebeck in Emswell (BR blue in the midlands, EM gauge, DCC and sound). Then two MM&D members layouts, Little Binfield (O gauge circa 1920s Col Stephens style) and 13th Street Yard (HO gauge US 1970s switching with some sound).

Please come and make yourselves known, we'll be glad to chat between operating trains :good_mini:

• RMweb Gold

I am not aware of the full list of exhibits, however Marlow Maidenhead & Dist MRC will be exhibiting three layouts at this show.

Firstly, a rare outing for the club owned layout Shirebeck in Emswell (BR blue in the midlands, EM gauge, DCC and sound). Then two MM&D members layouts, Little Binfield (O gauge circa 1920s Col Stephens style) and 13th Street Yard (HO gauge US 1970s switching with some sound).

Please come and make yourselves known, we'll be glad to chat between operating trains :good_mini:

There's a familiar sounding layout in there ... might see you there John.

Hi,

I will also be there exhibiting my own layout Hythe Parkway, for what could be (it quite possibly maynot be) it's last show!

Please come along and say hello, I will have a couple of other members of RMweb in my operating crew as well, hopefully!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

An excellent little show and well recommended to those in the vicinity (n.b. no layout plans in the folded A4 guide) who like to see a mixture. John B's 13th Street switching layout was running like the proverbial sewing machine while St Simon's Hythe Parkway appeared to be delighting the juniors who demanded the appearance of a Pendolino and duly got one on the next arrival; great fun with some well observed modelling (I won't mention the signal aspects ;) ), an excellent track layout for all sorts of operating and everyone having a good time. Other layouts worth seeing as well of course including some impressive modelling on Shirebeck In Emswell and the delight of Little Binfield plus a nice little 3mm scale layout and a bit of live steam. Several sales stands with some interesting boxes of 'bits of all sorts' on several of them - one of them certainly keeping Pixie of this parish well occupied. And for those with the relevant sort of interest Kevin Robertson was there with his well-stocked bookstall (unfortunately for my bank balance).

No free 'bus to the station but there was a free trip on a Routemaster to/from the Reading Society's permanent home in Prospect Park where a US outline diesel was performing on the ground level track, and an extremely nice little 2-4-2T with Joy valvegear was seen getting underway on the 3.5" track.

• RMweb Premium

I've just spotted this thread - what a shame I missed it. I usually use the RMWeb Exhibition Calendar as my source of information of forthcoming shows, so this one passed me by. I even had a free pass-out for Sunday morning too :rolleyes:

Archived