Possible New Model railway Club - Bovey Tracey, Devon.

Penrice09

• RMweb Premium

Dear Roy,

I see from your posts that you are a narrow gauge modeller, are you the Roy of "Crackington Quay" fame by any chance?

Good luck with forming a Club locally, you can't beat it. Please let us know how you get on.

You would be most welcome to come along to the Exeter O Gauge Group, we meet once a month in Whimple, ten minutes from the M5 at Exeter.

We have several narrow gauge modellers among our membership, and quite a few of our members come from the Newton Abbot & Torquay area.

Best wishes,

Dave.T

Dear Roy,

I see from your posts that you are a narrow gauge modeller, are you the Roy of "Crackington Quay" fame by any chance?

Good luck with forming a Club locally, you can't beat it. Please let us know how you get on.

You would be most welcome to come along to the Exeter O Gauge Group, we meet once a month in Whimple, ten minutes from the M5 at Exeter.

We have several narrow gauge modellers among our membership, and quite a few of our members come from the Newton Abbot & Torquay area.

Best wishes,

Dave.T

Hi, Thanks for your reply and yes, I am the same fella, if this idea does not come to anything I may well come back to you regarding your group, thanks for the offer.

Roy.

• 4 months later...

First meeting set up for 30th Jan, I have no idea of who and how many will turn up, have placed posters about the town and will wait and see.

As I have never been a member of a club in the past [don't ask why I'm starting this venture, just seemed a good idea at the time] can anyone give me a few ideas/pointers on the way forward at our first meeting.

Thanks,

Roy.

• RMweb Premium

Roy

Good luck with your new venture - it might help if you change the title of the original posting to say where the new club is to be based - we only discover it's to be Bovey Tracey after opening the topic. Changes can be made by using the full editor function and it might then catch the eye of a few more who might be interested.

Mike

Archived