Oldham King Street in N?

rayburns11

• 1 year later...

Please what length and width of inch by 00 gauge

Thank you

Width is one feet or under one feet and length?

Please give correct layout of 00 gauge follow from Oldham king street of 0 gauge because my model rail is 00 gauge want build same layout of Oldham king street

Thank you

Am I right in thinking Oldham king street parcels in 7mm was only 12 foot long ?

What was its width please

Brian

Yes. Originally built by Ian Futers as 'Percy Street' . The layout had a viewing section of 8ft 6ins plus 3ft 6ins fiddle yard. The width was 18ins.

Not sure what this equates to in 00, however,I built my own 00 version some years ago which measured 9ft x 15ins.

Mal

• Like 1

Yes. Originally built by Ian Futers as 'Percy Street' . The layout had a viewing section of 8ft 6ins plus 3ft 6ins fiddle yard. The width was 18ins.

Not sure what this equates to in 00, however,I built my own 00 version some years ago which measured 9ft x 15ins.

Mal

Thank you Alcanman

• RMweb Gold

Please what length and width of inch by 00 gauge

Thank you

To get 4mm scale dimensions for an O gauge layout, divide by 7 and multiply by four.

Am I right in thinking Oldham king street parcels in 7mm was only 12 foot long ?

What was its width please

Brian

I think King St Parcels was more like 24' in length.

To get 4mm scale dimensions for an O gauge layout, divide by 7 and multiply by four.

This is a useful link in YouTube and then you will find others in the margin once opened. With sound and exhausts, this layout attracted people all day long at the NEC a few years ago. A "Less is More" layout in my opinion.

aac

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone please excuse my English 

I has spent my time to searched online of YouTube of Oldham king street

been running to small terminus and reverse by

mixed freight

parcel

withdrawn class 76 

passenger coach

DMU

Hmmm

I want copy or digital of modern railway modelling winter 2005 but can’t find eBay and online

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone 

anyone got modern railway modelling winter 2005 ? Please photo of full details of information by what I want but I has seen photos and videos online BUT I am more aware to need details and information about Oldham terminus layout only

thank you

i did spent my time to searched for find buy modern railway modelling winter 2005 but can’t find 

Oldham king street and Percy street and haymarket Newcastle are nearly same track plans ?

• RMweb Premium
On 27/06/2017 at 11:46, Joseph_Pestell said:

Have a look at my Melville Street thread using essentially the Oldham St/Haymarket plan in OO,   it’s 2200 mm by 220mm  including fiddle yard and a maximum train length of 550mm. 

Hope that helps.