Farish 03

justin1985

I bought one of the green-liveried type (with wasp stripes) today from Monk Bar Model Shop in York. The chap in the shop told me they'd had a small batch in last week and sold them all, then one more arrived yesterday, which was the one I got! :)

post-8055-0-24412000-1316465661_thumb.jpg

I'm rather impressed with it.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

That's the plan, although it does seem a shame to start pulling it apart - it's too cute!

Does that mean you'll not be using the chassis.... :derisive:

If you have it spare then can I be so bold as to ask if you could let me know if you'd be willng to part with it - precisely what I need for an 07 build.... :yes:

Thanks,

Alan

If you have it spare then can I be so bold as to ask if you could let me know if you'd be willng to part with it - precisely what I need for an 07 build.... :yes:

Should be at least one from this corner Alan - assuming Andy doesn't offload his first!

Pix

Should be at least one from this corner Alan - assuming Andy doesn't offload his first!

Pix

Thanks Pix, I had intended to use an 04, but with the release of the 03 it's a better choice as the wheels are closer to those of the 07.

You can let me know :drink_mini:

Cheers,

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay replying Alan.

The chassis should be available if you want it. I'd quite like to hang on until the 2mm etched chassis is available though - just in case! I've been told that they'll hopefully be ready before Christmas.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had an email from Hattons saying my card has been charged for the blue model, so it looks like these have hit the shops.

Oooh yes, just checked after you said that and same here. Bit irritating that Hattons only sent me something else on backorder 4 days ago (which means another postal charge for the 03) but good to have it finally here. I've had the match truck waiting for a few months :)

Guest tony graham

The 04 has solder tags for hardwiring a chip but no 'plug & play' socket. I havent had an 03 appart yet but assume it is the same...

Thanks, Solder tags are better than nothing....

It's arrived. Some paintwork blemishes here and there, but nothing that won't get hidden under some weathering. One of the coupling rods seems very close to the mesh behind the steps - it moves freely but I think it might be rubbing against it.

But other than that - superb! No issues with fit and finish elsewhere, glazing is clear, all parts seem solid, and some of the handrail and pipework is very fine indeed. Will probably get beaten to pictures as it'll be Saturday before I'll be able to try it out and photograph.

Archived