The V4 7'6 1/2" and the V5 kits are now both available with the twin bonnet ends, that a lot of them were fitted with from the mid 1920's kit number 1020 for the V5 and 1022 for the V4 at £6.60 each. They are not on my web site yet but will be on my stand No 4 (Up stairs) at Scalefour.

Also the drawings for latter 16' Minks are well advanced as it is mainly to make shore there is no mistakes on the drawings. These will have the sides and ends as separate mouldings so I can use the same sides to cover V12, V14, V16, V18, Y4 and Y12.

These will also include totally new underframe etc with the brake gear covering the DC1, DC2, DC3 and Morton with or without vac brakes as well. The W irons etc will be a separate moulding so I will be able to supply the underframe with the GWR or RCH axleboxes.

The 6 wheel siphon drawings are partly done, but I am trying to work out how to do the corners best.

• RMweb Premium
These will also include totally new underframe etc with the brake gear covering the DC1, DC2, DC3 and Morton with or without vac brakes as well. The W irons etc will be a separate moulding so I will be able to supply the underframe with the GWR or RCH axleboxes. The 6 wheel siphon drawings are partly done, but I am trying to work out how to do the corners best.

Will the underframe and brake options be available as a separate kit? I look forward to the siphons. :)

SS

• RMweb Premium

The 6 wheel siphon drawings are partly done, but I am trying to work out how to do the corners best.

Whilst waiting for tea to cook I had a rummage through my box of unmade kits, as the last time I was in there I found that I had an unmade K's 6 wheel siphon kit. If it is of any use I will open it up and photograph it.

Cheers SS

It will be the O4 as they were the most common of the lot, and also there are good original drawings in the MRJ including the timber sizes etc as well, and in the HMRS GW siphons book.

Excellent News. I will require several myself. I have too many of the K's 4 door 03 (I think) and some 6 door 04's will make a welcome change, to mix the sets up a bit.

Thanks again

Mike Wiltshire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Have just discovered this thread. Hope I'm not too late to comment. (My sketches aren't to scale, except for the W-iron outline.)

I realise that the part drawings given above are not finalised, and were not shown 'face on', but I'm not at all convinced about the W-iron shape: the position of the central vertical legs seems wrong in relation to the overall shape, with the result that the 'triangular side spaces' do not extend nearly enough downward (compare pics with where this shape lies in relation to the box):

post-133-0-02900700-1348318001.png

DC brackets:

post-133-0-63816600-1348318020.png

DC handle: the current flat one could be better - I'm not sure a cranked one can be done by a conventional tool insert, but a chubby-ended one would be preferable so that modellers can file the shape:

post-133-0-16242000-1348318040.png

Vees: (my angle might not be quite right in the following sketch)

post-133-0-69043200-1348318069.png

Rods: I'm not sure how you are going to cover all the DC variants, but:

post-133-0-14482300-1348318093.png

Safety loops:

post-133-0-08481100-1348318118.png

Finally, is it possible to provide some extra larger boxes (not attached to W-irons) so that alternatives can be fitted? (Or is it that the current Coopercraft box is too skinny?)

Archived