Smartswitch point control arrives in UK

making tracks

The ANE Smartswitch is now going to be marketed by Peco under their own brand name, along with some other ANE items.

There is also a Peco Smartfog device for automatically switching frog polarity. That sounds similar to the Frog Juicer devices made famous by Tam Valley Depot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi 

Had a look at this a bit more and i have to say the servos are a bit pricey 

• PLS-125 Single Servo Motor UK SRP £14.50 ! , i can not see any reason why you could not buy cheaper ones and use them with the smart boards?.

Darren

Hi 

Had a look at this a bit more and i have to say the servos are a bit pricey 

• PLS-125 Single Servo Motor UK SRP £14.50 ! , i can not see any reason why you could not buy cheaper ones and use them with the smart boards?.

Darren

I've already seen these advertised for £12.

The servo comes with a mounting bracket, a switch, connector and a few other bits, but added up it is still pricier than buying the components separately. However, it does cost money to package these up, distribute and market them and that has to be factored into the retail price.

Tam Valley Depot's equivalent servo turnout motor costs a couple of notes more, but for that price you get the accessory decoder included.

• 3 months later...

I've spent a few hours wiring up the system, which I intend to use to drive semaphore signals. Power is reaching the Servo Programming Board, but I when I attempt to activate Servo Installation Mode to set the servos in mid-position before installing the linkages nothing happens. So far I am extremely disappointed. I shall be putting a call into Peco tomorrow. I was lured by the promise of being able to set precisely the length and speed of throw. Beginning to wish I had stuck to my trusted Tortoise motors, all of which I have bought during trips USA. 

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived