Regional Railway/ Trans-pennine/ Provincial livery help

daryl43068

Were any of the blue and grey coaches that worked these services ever branded with the Trans-pennine lettering, presumably in white? Think I've only ever seen them lettered with Intercity or latterly a few with scotrail as they were transferred south when sprinters ousted them north of the border

Yes, there were some, there is a photo of 5323 in blue/grey with white Trans Pennine branding in Michael Harris' 'British Rail Mark 2 Coaches'.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the bump, but is anyone able to share any photos of any of the blue/grey MK2s with the Trans-Pennine branding? I don't have access to the 'British Rail MK2 Coaches' book, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

Inspired by this thread and others on improving the Lima Mk2b, I thought I’d share my Transpennine 2b TSO. Lima body on Bachmann chassis, body trimmed and door bumpers added as per suggestions on this site. Transfers, handrails and destination labels added too, plus painted interior. I think it’s a big improvement but ideally still needs the paint mould line removing and a full respray; perhaps one for the future. Flush glazing is South Eastern, so not the best, but better than the Lima glazing. Looks good in an otherwise Bachmann rake of blue and grey/model rail transpennine special editions.

post-29365-0-31208800-1535491812_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Terrier79
  • Like 5

Inspired by this thread and others on improving the Lima Mk2b, I thought I’d share my Transpennine 2b TSO. Lima body on Bachmann chassis, body trimmed and door bumpers added as per suggestions on this site. Transfers, handrails and destination labels added too, plus painted interior. I think it’s a big improvement but ideally still needs the paint mould line removing and a full respray; perhaps one for the future. Flush glazing is South Eastern, so not the best, but better than the Lima glazing. Looks good in an otherwise Bachmann rake of blue and grey/model rail transpennine special editions.

Very nice job mate.Shows what you can do with a bit of work.

• Like 1

Not sure if I'm allowed to mention on here but there's no active way to sell so maybe it's not a problem, I'll be shortly looking to get rid of weathered and renumbered Bachmann Transpennine coaches, 3 TSO and 1 FO.

• Like 1

Not sure if I'm allowed to mention on here but there's no active way to sell so maybe it's not a problem, I'll be shortly looking to get rid of weathered and renumbered Bachmann Transpennine coaches, 3 TSO and 1 FO.

Not sure either but certainly of interest if/when you do part with them!

• 1 year later...

Hi there looking for something on the rr mk2 fleet so thought best posting here than new thread. Does anyone know which coaches and types were transfered to nw and scotland and wore the hybrid livery of nse with the red stripe painted blue?

Was there any other changes to the livery to consider. Looking at doing a couple to add to my RR rakes. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...