Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just sold the last Clayton this week but we will get some more later this year. Current list below - most still £16 including postage but this will go up when we order new stock. We have had all these in stock for some time and n/s prices have increased a lot. Since I don't work in 2mm scale at all I don't offer any motrrising solutions.

Etches available in 2mm scale 20/03/13

These are etched in 0.010” nickel silver and include all the etched parts from the 4mm kits. We also include 4mm instructions and parts list together with a 2mm scale drawing.

NER/LNER/BR EF1 Bo+Bo

LNER/BR EB1 Bo+Bo

NER/LNER/BR ES1Bo-Bo

Yorkshire Engine Janus

Hunslet 05

Hunslet 05 high cab

Hunslet 7051

Barclay D2400

Barclay class 06

Barclay class 01

English Electric/Hawthorn Leslie

BR class 17 Clayton – currently out of stock

Ruston 165DS

English Electric/Baguley – Harton 13-15 currently out of stock

SR/Paxman BR11001

LMS/BR Jackshaft 12023-32

Hunslet MDHB No. 32 – currently out of stock

Hunslet 15”

Sentinel 0-6-0

CP Sentinel 0-6-0DH (1:160)

N5 0-6-2T - currently out of stock

RH PWM650

NBL D2720

NBL D2745

(All the above are £16.00 per etch)

Liverpool Overhead Railway – Currently out of stock

(£20.00 per etch – available to order)

LMS/BR Class 503 – Currently out of stock

(£30.00 per etch – available to order)

Any of our etches can be made available in 2mm scale subject to sufficient demand.

Please make cheques payable to Judith Edge

5 Chapel Lane,

Carlton,

Barnsley,

South Yorks.,

S71 3LE.

• Like 2

Im trying to find any more info on this loco if anyone can help.

it was at Reed's tin works Aintree Liverpool..

attachicon.gif265053_102036313226063_8336195_n.jpg

Is this the one that is now on a small length of track on the main road between the docks and Liverpool city centre Michael? Everytime I visit a pal in Liverpool, we seem to drive past it en route from his house in Crosby to the city centre.

Cheers.

Sean.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Some photos of our latest two kits, the Ruston 88DS is selling well, this comes as a complete kit for £90 with a High Level drive unit and either 00/EM or P4 wheels. The NBL/MAN 330hp 0-4-0 is £48.

post-1643-0-37658800-1380261230_thumb.jpg

post-1643-0-64104000-1380261252_thumb.jpg

post-1643-0-81751300-1380261275_thumb.jpg

High Level "Quadriver", compensation works in the same way as the 48DS

post-1643-0-69564500-1380261392_thumb.jpg

First test etch built as BR D2900-10

post-1643-0-34271200-1380261450_thumb.jpg

Alternative footplate arrangements in the kit, on the left that for BR D2911-13 with recessed shunter's steps, on the right a typical industrial type. Most variations of this loco can be built from the kit, later this year we should have the 440hp 0-6-0 version on sale. I may be building the test etch for that at the Leeds exhibition next month.

Michael Edge

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Towards the end of a reasonably successful Manchester show we suffered the theft of one of our display models. This is the first loss we ahve had in 11 years of exhibiting. The model in question had been deliberately targeted, it was my PWM650 RH 0-6-0DE, fully finished with DG couplers fitted and a working lubricator drive. I do hope the thief was extremely disappointed to find that it isn't actually powered.

post-1643-0-50877100-1381139767_thumb.jpg

If anyone does happen to see such a model anywhere, please let us know.

Michael and Judith Edge

Michael and Judith.....I`m so saddened and disgusted to read that news; one may only hope this has been (and will be) an isolated incident, and it will not change the friendly and welcoming approach you have t`wards showing your lovely models to (we) your customers.

Deb.

The thief might actually be on this Forum.

More to the point, anyone getting a request to put a motor in a small green diesel will hopefully know instantly where it came from......

EDIT: eBay watchers should also keep their eyes peeled for small "kitbuilt" green diesels..... :butcher:

Edited by Horsetan

Around about the same time this happened another demonstration loco, a 45XX 2-6-2 tank in BR green livery was lifted off the Alan Gibson stand, probably by the same thief, as the MO was remarkably similar. And again they will be dissapointed unless they are an EM modeller and have a good supply of AG crankpin bushes and nuts. So again if you see or hear anything about either of these two distinctive locos, let either Mike know if iits the diesel, or Colin Seymour at Alan Gibson on 0161 678 1607 if its the 45XX.

I've always been surprised when exhibiting how little security there appears to be at most shows but I have never before heard of such thefts, I think this is a tribute to the inherent honesty of most railway modellers.

I'm so disgusted after hearing about these thefts and I do hope the stolen items reappear quickly.

Ian

I have never before heard of such thefts

I'm afraid it isn't even a modern phenomenon.  I have in my possession a pair of nameplates for 'Glenalmond', a Robinson 4-6-0.  They were given to me by the late Phil Giffen, president of Ely MRC.  He acquired them for a scratchbuilt brass model he made in the 1950s.  Before he could paint or finish it, he took it along to a show at the request of a friend to display, it was lifted and he never saw it again.  So much for the good old days.