Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

I think you're right, this looks like the same train and there's a window on each side. I've never found any way of distinguishing which side is which though. At the moment mine has a window on one side and a grille on the other.

I think we had that discussion already, Mike - you may recall photos taken at Eastbourne:

http://railphotoprints.uk/p396694077/h2D536E56#h2d536e56

http://www.davidheyscollection.com/userimages/0001-dh-collection-fell.jpg

Steph

• RMweb Premium

We did but it still drives me round the bend every time I work on it. The window panel is only glued in, I can get it out and replace it with a grille panel but probably not just yet. I've spent about 5 years (off and on of course) on this so far, it's the most difficult kit design I've done.

We did but it still drives me round the bend every time I work on it. The window panel is only glued in, I can get it out and replace it with a grille panel but probably not just yet. I've spent about 5 years (off and on of course) on this so far, it's the most difficult kit design I've done.

I've had an A1 version and even tried scratchbuilding one when I realised how the A1 version was likely to build up. So I understand your pain...

Steph

The Fell looks lovely painted, even though I had the privilege of handling it in the raw state at Scaleforum. Assuming the synch-drive for the middle axles gets sorted, is there any idea of when we might be able to place an order? Roughly, or very roughly will do!

And might I respectively ask how the Harland and Wolf shunter is coming along?

Currently enjoying building the Ruston 48DS in both 4mm and 7mm scale, the latter using Slater's lowmac wheels drilled for the four holes on a dividing head as a lower cost option than their 'custom' ones.

• RMweb Premium

We are going to try to get this ready sometime next year, after the Horwich OF but there's quite a bit of work still to do. At the moment I'm trying to get the Fowler 3P finished in time to put on show at Manchester, the HW diesel is hampered by the disappearance of my notes from York last Easter - they probably blew off the table if anyone remembers what it was like there.

• RMweb Premium

Of course, now you have finished it Heljan will announce one RTR, as it is the only one they haven't done yet.

Mention the words "Clayton Class17" and "Heljan" to Mike and you'll see him do a magnificent impression of the Incredible Hulk....

We are going to try to get this ready sometime next year, after the Horwich OF but there's quite a bit of work still to do. At the moment I'm trying to get the Fowler 3P finished in time to put on show at Manchester, the HW diesel is hampered by the disappearance of my notes from York last Easter - they probably blew off the table if anyone remembers what it was like there.

I remember shivvering and catching several bits of paper in the ten minutes or so I was visiting your stand. At the very least it must have been a trial. 

Mention the words "Clayton Class17" and "Heljan" to Mike and you'll see him do a magnificent impression of the Incredible Hulk....

I might try that next time; I'm well known for my sense of adventure. ;)

Steph

• RMweb Gold

I might try that next time; I'm well known for my sense of adventure. ;)

A sraightforward build, and more accurate to boot.

Mike.

Of course, now you have finished it Heljan will announce one RTR, as it is the only one they haven't done yet.

They may well do, but it will never likely equal the amount of effort and detail Mike will have put into it.