Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

Hi Mike, thanks for that.

Hi Blandford, for the beading I used this:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jewelers-Brass-Half-Round-Wire-Soft-NuGold-/321668789727

Unfortunately they don't seem to have the one I got a while ago, it was 24 gauge and about 0.5 x 0.2mm but another guy building a 3P is using 22 gauge which is only slightly heavier. It is very soft and can be shaped easily to follow curves round the cab etc. It may have a coating being for jewellery so I do a quick rub with fine emery on the flat side and it solders fine.

No more progress on the 3P for now as I'm so busy casting more stuff for you guys and gals.

Dave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Etsy stock the 24 gauge, and you don't need an account and can pay by Paypal.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/769368819/brass-half-round-wire-soft?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=half+round+wire&ref=sr_gallery-1-6&frs=1

The GA drawing says the beading was 2" x 0.5" (so 0.67mm x 0.17mm). I do follow Dave's logic of the slightly smaller one which will be built up with paint, likewise Mike's suggestion. All roads lead to Rome...

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Michael Edge said:

I always work on the principle that neatness is more important than absolute accuracy.

Like having screw heads and nut flats aligned? :biggrin_mini2:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

LNER C14 now painted, just waiting for its smokebox door handles and numberplate.

IMG_0794.JPG.522ca2eedbe8d85bf298237432101eca.JPG

I have no photographic evidence that any C14 ever visited Liverpool but here is Gorton's 67450 on Brunswick shed. This one was never lined out but will probably get a lot dirtier in due course.

IMG_0791.JPG.1ba3f41a71bb7221e8a533eaf52db7aa.JPG

The obligatory view from Herculaneum bridge as it arrives on shed.

IMG_0790.JPG.caf2c13454b7e6c36775593fcddca443.JPG

At the back of the shed by the coal hole, looks like the radial wheels have derailed on the rather sharp curves here.

IMG_0792.JPG.2191715c112e637d3df48b4d06ec92f7.JPG

Leaving for Central station after turning.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Michael Edge said:

LNER C14 now painted, just waiting for its smokebox door handles and numberplate.

IMG_0794.JPG.522ca2eedbe8d85bf298237432101eca.JPG

I have no photographic evidence that any C14 ever visited Liverpool but here is Gorton's 67450 on Brunswick shed. This one was never lined out but will probably get a lot dirtier in due course.

IMG_0791.JPG.1ba3f41a71bb7221e8a533eaf52db7aa.JPG

The obligatory view from Herculaneum bridge as it arrives on shed.

IMG_0790.JPG.caf2c13454b7e6c36775593fcddca443.JPG

At the back of the shed by the coal hole, looks like the radial wheels have derailed on the rather sharp curves here.

IMG_0792.JPG.2191715c112e637d3df48b4d06ec92f7.JPG

Leaving for Central station after turning.

Lovely loco Mike. It really does capture the look very well. As you say, she needs some dirt! The C14 and C13 seemed to be classes that managed to hide from cleaners during the 1950s and a clean one is a rare beast!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

We now have the etches for Caradon available, I've corrected some of the small errors and it will come with a drawing. We have a limited number of these, priority will be given to those who have expressed an interest.

Price is £26 + £1.50 postage, payment details as on our website. At the moment we prefer payment by PayPal or bank transfer but cheques must be made out to Judith Edge.

The etch for the other two L&L locos, Kilmar and Cheesewring will be available when we get our next order from PhotoEtch.

The above etch also includes the long awaited production version of the LNER V4.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

The above etch also includes the long awaited production version of the LNER V4.

Yippee! 

Please make sure I'm not forgotten off the list this time, Mike! 

I notice that some of your kits have been 'reproduced' in 2mm scale, which I use - when things return to normal, can this still be done for particular kits?  My interest at the moment is in EE1, the NER 2C2 electric.  I am only thinking of the etchings.

• RMweb Premium

When we have the etches, no idea how long PhotoEtch are taking but at least they are working again.

10 hours ago, wasabi said:

I notice that some of your kits have been 'reproduced' in 2mm scale, which I use - when things return to normal, can this still be done for particular kits?  My interest at the moment is in EE1, the NER 2C2 electric.  I am only thinking of the etchings.

No problem, we've already done the EE1, all 2mm etches are £18 including UK postage. The EE1 was out of stock for a long time but we have some now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

Smokebox door (and a moulded one as well) posted to you yesterday, thanks for the loan of it.

Arrived this morning safe and well. Well impressed with moulding, nice job. :D

Andy

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 21/04/2020 at 19:40, Michael Edge said:

The LNER C14 (it's getting confusing, moving on to building an LSW C14 now) is in the paintshop now, i wanted to see how the cab roof had worked out.

IMG_0770.JPG.daf047cf6a403475fa960d4d71478840.JPG

Looks very smooth and reasonably well formed, it's very difficult to see without a coat of primer.

IMG_0771.JPG.dfa215b0494c58c1d9ad41fc1eba5fe4.JPG

Not enough light here but it is possible to see that the roof has the correct shape inside as well. I've put the ventilator on closed but the centre part has the hole etched in it so it would be possible to model it open.

Plenty of interest in this but I have to repeat that we can't do anything about production until everyone else gets back to work.

Any update on this one yet Mike, very much looking forward to this coming into production