Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

That looks great! If 7050 is available as a kit, I'd certainly like to order one! This is another loco I've been wanting to have a go at for a long time.

Another would be the Armstrong-Whitworth prototype shunter that ended up at Preston Docks.

I would have thought the H&W would have had some interest from Irish modellers as well?

• RMweb Premium

We were expecting a lot of interest from Northern Ireland but it doesn't seem to have amounted to much. Someone did the AW 0-6-0DEs - Mercian? - we've had very good sales figures from the Hunslet 7051 and there are some more Hunslets to look at but they aren't as well known.

16 minutes ago, Michael Edge said:

We were expecting a lot of interest from Northern Ireland but it doesn't seem to have amounted to much. Someone did the AW 0-6-0DEs - Mercian? - we've had very good sales figures from the Hunslet 7051 and there are some more Hunslets to look at but they aren't as well known.

Again, you surprise me Michael. Fickle bunch us modellers!

Mercian did the 'production' shunters 7059-7068. I was referring to the 'prototype' 7058. Similar but with a 'bustle' behind the cab. I think the engine casing tapers more perhaps?

The other LMS Hunslets are of interest too.

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Wagpnmaster said:

Again, you surprise me Michael. Fickle bunch us modellers!

Mercian did the 'production' shunters 7059-7068. I was referring to the 'prototype' 7058. Similar but with a 'bustle' behind the cab. I think the engine casing tapers more perhaps?

The other LMS Hunslets are of interest too.

I'd hang on a bit, the barrel that Heljan are currently scraping the bottom of could have all sorts of goodies in it!

Mike.

• Funny 1

I'll submit my name, if only to make sure others get what they want.  I've been burnt lately by some other announced then cancelled projects.   You seem good at launching your ideas.   I want to see some success in the industry.

• RMweb Premium

7050 seems to have been a one off but it's had a long and varied history. Built at Dick Kerr in Preston it worked there first, later at Salford and Agecroft until taken over by the War Department in 1940 like most of the LMS diesel shunter fleet. It was sold to the WD in 1943 and worked at a large number of MoD establishments until 1979. It then went to the Museum of Army Transport in Beverley until that closed. it's now in the NRM - I measured it up at York when it had just been repainted from army green to its original black livery.

DSCF2617.JPG.2739d640da8220362a842c42f4bc9db0.JPG

Seen here in the NRM workshop in its army green livery as it arrived from Beverley.

t.jpg.33ed86e3327bedd92148cfa808dbacc6.jpg

After repainting in its LMS livery.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Is the right wheel available for that? (Please nobody say that you need the left ones too - it is just too obvious, even for me!)

While we are on about possible future projects and expressions of interest, is there anybody other than me interested in twisting certain arms up backs to get the J63 done in O Gauge?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, t-b-g said:

Is the right wheel available for that? (Please nobody say that you need the left ones too - it is just too obvious, even for me!)

While we are on about possible future projects and expressions of interest, is there anybody other than me interested in twisting certain arms up backs to get the J63 done in O Gauge?

Might have to be a wagon wheel of some variety with one of Mike's Bulleid 11001 style overlays?

Mike.