Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

• RMweb Premium

Quite a few new developments under way at the moment, anyone who was at Scaleforum will have seen these, most of them should be at Manchester this weekend.

The Ruston 48DS is almost ready, some etches are on order, we are waiting for the drive units from High Level.post-1643-0-37771400-1317136371_thumb.jpg

Also this LSW Bo-Bo electric which will use a similar drive system.post-1643-0-40126100-1317136444_thumb.jpg

The TH Vanguard 0-6-0DH should be available next month.post-1643-0-49528800-1317136558_thumb.jpg

Michael and Judith Edge

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

That's the one, if you can remember anything about it pass the information on. I suspect that it was built with the Waterloo and City in mind, possibly for loco hauled trains, but never used there. It appears to have been designed to fit in 12' diameter tube tunnels although it seems to have been jacked up a little on its bogies for use at Durnsford Road. One thing I can't work out is the purpose of the box on the running plate (air reservoir side).

• RMweb Gold

That's the one, if you can remember anything about it pass the information on. I suspect that it was built with the Waterloo and City in mind, possibly for loco hauled trains, but never used there. It appears to have been designed to fit in 12' diameter tube tunnels although it seems to have been jacked up a little on its bogies for use at Durnsford Road. One thing I can't work out is the purpose of the box on the running plate (air reservoir side).

Sadly I have nothing useful to add, although this image http://collections.delcampe.co.uk/page/item/id,133185433,var,RA428-Side-view-of-loco-DS74-at-Durnsford-Road-9-57,language,E.html seems to show a slot or aperture in the box, which suggests it was rather more than just a toolbox, for which it seemed to be an unusual shape. Google images also threw up a CAD image from another model manufacturer - in 7mm.

• RMweb Premium

To answer a few of these questions, Fowler 2-6-4T overlays will be on the website as soon as we have a production run of them.

Work on the class 15 might restart this winter.

All the "white bits" on Ds74 are our usual resin mouldings.

I have seen the aperture on the box on the footplate of Ds74 and it's on the moulding but I have no idea what it is for, I'm sure it isn't a toolbox or anything like that.

I've been told about a proposed 7mm kit but it would be very easy to scale up ours - much easier to drive in 7mm with delrin chain.

The Ruston 48DS should be ready in a month or so - certainly for Wigan in December

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: the box on the side of the electric loco, it's not a disconnect switch is it? I'm thinking of the 250-500 Amp AQB circuit breakers we use at work, and it looks almost like an enclosure for one. (work is a spry 42 year old ship, so 1960 ish design. There's a fair amount of 1950's and 1940's tech in her though)

James

Guest Max Stafford

Michael. Belated thanks for the new parts fret for the 48DS which I received last week. I'd completely forgotten about them!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Re: the box on the side of the electric loco, it's not a disconnect switch is it? I'm thinking of the 250-500 Amp AQB circuit breakers we use at work, and it looks almost like an enclosure for one. (work is a spry 42 year old ship, so 1960 ish design. There's a fair amount of 1950's and 1940's tech in her though)

That sounds a reasonable suggestion - there's some evidence in photos that it wasn't original equipment, i.e. very clean box on normally dirty loco.

Michael Edge

• 4 weeks later...