Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, kandc_au said:

Andy,
I have tried the link but cannot seem to get anywhere!
If I shorten for the midrailcentre.com it also takes me nowhere.
Any suggestions please?

Khris

Hi Khris, 

Looks like the website isn't there any more. Either he hasn't renewed the lease on the web address or he has ceased trading. I know the link worked when I first posted it. 

Sorry

Regards

Andy

2 hours ago, innocentman said:

Hi Khris, 

Looks like the website isn't there any more. Either he hasn't renewed the lease on the web address or he has ceased trading. I know the link worked when I first posted it. 

Sorry

Regards

Andy

His contact details on the G0G traders' list:

Midland Railway Centre

Dave Smith
31 Netherfield Rd
Kettering
Northamptonshire
United Kingdom
NN15 6DY

Contact Details

01536 410536

Email: midrailcentre@outlook.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's stunning work! A rather more sophisticated technique than dad used for his YEC 0-4-0, but the result is well worth it.

Adam

Edited by Adam

• RMweb Gold

That will look well on my layout. Hint hint.

I suspect the sign writer that was still around when I started did the strips and he would of defiantly made it up as he went along. 

We need to make one to recreate this..

FFD731D7-8732-48DE-9561-B234CEE27126.jpeg.6311175416e3e352c748e8aed3e7df29.jpeg

Ansy  

Edited by Trams and Locos
  • Like 10
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Trams and Locos said:

That will look well on my layout. Hint hint.

I suspect the sign writer that was still around when I started did the strips and he would of defiantly made it up as he went along. 

We need to make one to recreate this..

FFD731D7-8732-48DE-9561-B234CEE27126.jpeg.6311175416e3e352c748e8aed3e7df29.jpeg

Ansy  

As it happens, I was just reading your article in the May Toddler so I can put that photo in context!

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

The 4mm Stone Faiveley pantograph is nearly ready for production.

IMG_0786.jpg.4c0c788f0693025a3a218d1379fdc97e.jpg

I've been fitting two of the production etches to a Bachmann AL5, the holes in the roof don't quite match what I took from the BR GA but near enough to fit. The kit will supply the air motor as well but the Bachmann one looks fine.

IMG_0785.jpg.0a20abaafb1a7f6495f9ae0bc49b09a5.jpg

Pan at maximum height here, my old Triang AL1 (somewhat modified of course) which was the first test bed for it still looks pretty good for a 1960s model though.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not much kit work done recently, we still don't have prices for the Stone Faiveley pantograph and the 7mm 05 but we have everything for them now. Quite a lot out of stock as we wait for an etch order, we'll chase it up this week.

Meanwhile last week saw the second test etch of the oil fired Sentinel 0-6-0 finished.

IMG_0934.jpg.282487fc8dd7ae7eaaad761dda468bd8.jpgIMG_0935.jpg.6b770ccd278bcb14a839730db78b72ed.jpg

Complete now except for most of the handrails, this little loco has no less than 32 utility handrail pillars and this would deplete our stocks too much at the moment.

This one is built as one of the three normal height ones supplied to GKN, much better looking in my opinion. They didn't work very long in South Wales, soon going to join the others at Dorman Long.

IMG_0931cropped.jpg.65c4d7b0111d4a21149be68792278d69.jpg

It splits in the usual way, access to the inside of the cab is quite good especially as these locos were so hot inside that they normally ran with everything open.

• Like 19

Well, I have finished Michaels kit of LMS 7050. Great little addition to the fleet and something different. My version is DCC powered and has a working cab light. I don't know if the real thing had, but it's nice to see the cab interior detail!

Be nice to see the LMS Hunslets, original Armstrong-Whitworth or even the Vulcan-Frichs! (Please).

7050-Front.gif

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

On 31/10/2021 at 15:06, Michael Edge said:

Not much kit work done recently, we still don't have prices for the Stone Faiveley pantograph and the 7mm 05 but we have everything for them now. Quite a lot out of stock as we wait for an etch order, we'll chase it up this week.

Meanwhile last week saw the second test etch of the oil fired Sentinel 0-6-0 finished.

IMG_0934.jpg.282487fc8dd7ae7eaaad761dda468bd8.jpgIMG_0935.jpg.6b770ccd278bcb14a839730db78b72ed.jpg

Complete now except for most of the handrails, this little loco has no less than 32 utility handrail pillars and this would deplete our stocks too much at the moment.

This one is built as one of the three normal height ones supplied to GKN, much better looking in my opinion. They didn't work very long in South Wales, soon going to join the others at Dorman Long.

IMG_0931cropped.jpg.65c4d7b0111d4a21149be68792278d69.jpg

It splits in the usual way, access to the inside of the cab is quite good especially as these locos were so hot inside that they normally ran with everything open.

I am looking forward to this release although the chassis is a bit scary.

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick message to put my thanks in public for the very efficient service from Michael and Judith, cross-arm pan kits arrived less than 24 hours after ordering. 

Andi

Edited by Dagworth
can't spell my own name it seems
  • Round of applause 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Back to the SR 350hp 0-6-0DE today.

IMG_0983.jpg.eba6683ed3ffb33ae76fb1c1be751bd7.jpg

Outside frames on this afternoon, there will be several options for these. I've put them on at scale distance apart which allows plenty of room for 00 Romford/Markits wheels but there is another construction option to space them out a bit wider. In full size there is very little clearance between the wheels and the frames, certainly not enough for EM Markits wheels and not much for P4. These wheels are on ordinary Romford extended axles with a threaded bush to take our normal pressed on cranks, alternatively Gibson wheels and plastic cranks will fit as will the excellent Markits ones - 08 cranks are nearly the right shape. I had originally intended to use the Markits axles/cranks but forgot that the set I had were for EM - until I had assembled the frames at the scale spacing. The kit will include our usual three layer etched cranks.

The axleboxes are a bit peculiar on these locos, they are not symmetrical so I've had to make two patterns, LH and RH. The axleboxes and hornstays are included on the etch, it is possible to assemble the outside frames on to the inner ones at the expense of trapping the wheels and brakes in there as it is built. Another alternative might be to separate the hornstays and tack them on the the bottom of the horns after painting to fill in the gap.

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4