Transfesa blue fruit vans - 195x to the 90ies

simao28

Paul, at some point please could I ask you to look at your original photo's of these 4 - they seem to have a 'home station' inscription on the second panel (to the left of the number) I can't make it out on the scanned version - I wonder if we knew what their home location in Germany was it might give a clue to the traffic (although its just as likely to be a 'central' pool location).

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/ferrytransfesavan1959/h1c9ca86f#h1c9ca86f

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/ferrytransfesavan1959/h1c9ca86f#hccae36e

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/ferrytransfesavan1959/h1c9ca86f#heeb1f0c

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/ferrytransfesavan1959/h1c9ca86f#h3f5908d1

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hello

Here is a list compiled by me base on information taken from diagrams and notes from valuable contributions.

There is a problem in the quantities for the small platform vans...

The original diagram lists 250 wagons but when they are renumbered in UIC codes...50 go missing.

And worse...in UIC there is no gap in the numbering.... the next type of vans have sequential numbering ?!?!?!?

Also there is a photo of a van nº 236 with small platform so the original diagram is correct....they must have been really 250 vans...

Transfesa blue vans list v1-1.zip

Hello

Here is a list compiled by me base on information taken from diagrams and notes from valuable contributions.

There is a problem in the quantities for the small platform vans...

The original diagram lists 250 wagons but when they are renumbered in UIC codes...50 go missing.

And worse...in UIC there is no gap in the numbering.... the next type of vans have sequential numbering ?!?!?!?

Also there is a photo of a van nº 236 with small platform so the original diagram is correct....they must have been really 250 vans...

Just trying to get my head back around this

Line 209 - I think this block splits here into two blocks of 100 each

• 501 001-100 Dia 04 SFV6009(part) with brake hut/platform

and

• 501 101-200 Dia 04a SFV6009 (part) without hut,

and this then fixes your inconsistency at line 309>315

Line 315 - I disagree with your Diagrams - I think 501 201 -499 should be Transfesa Dia 06 SFV6010 (part)

Line 1127 - I think this block should start 501 500, so there is no 502 000, and your comment in cell X1142/1143 goes away

Where is your photo of 236?

Jon

Jon

Line 209 - I think this block splits here into two blocks of 100 each

Hello Jon

The problem is this diagram.

I anyone had other diagrams this old for the other series the problem could be solved :)

post-13042-0-03081800-1319225816_thumb.jpg

Line 315 - I disagree with your Diagrams - I think 501 201 -499 should be Transfesa Dia 06 SFV6010 (part)

Line 1127 - I think this block should start 501 500, so there is no 502 000, and your comment in cell X1142/1143 goes away

Where is your photo of 236?

Jon

Diagram 6 has side brake wheels - it should correspond to the ex-platforms rebuilt no?

The photo I mention comes from another forum. Sorry for not revealing it here. But the number is "Jfhv 501 236" and has the small platform and still has the small hut.

My copy of SFV6009rev1 has been altered to show 501001-501200 qty200 and the Diagram list from les amis des wagons shows these UIC numbers as Dia 04 and 04A the dimentions of the body and wheelbase are the same, but 04A had a 500mm longer chassis, which is the same length as the brakehut.

Jon

My copy of SFV6009rev1 has been altered to show 501001-501200 qty200 and the Diagram list from les amis des wagons shows these UIC numbers as Dia 04 and 04A the dimentions of the body and wheelbase are the same, but 04A had a 500mm longer chassis, which is the same length as the brakehut.

Jon

Does your rev1 have a date? (but still there is the picture...)

Do you by any chance have SFVs for the other types? I only have the later "E" already with UIC numbers...

Diagram 4 is the platform with hut removed and the 4a is the reconstructed.

Diagram 6 (I was wrong on the previous post...I looked at the file name only) ... is a standard type...I attributed it to the ex-DB by indication on the "Exxx" diagrams only...

You could be right....

If I had the original SFVs perhaps it would be clearer...

• 7 months later...

Whilst looking for something else I found this in a booklet titled 'Freight Transport' published by the British Tansport Commission c1958

post-336-0-36702100-1338328137_thumb.jpg

its not a very good print in the first place, and the print process clearly interferes with my scanner, but the Interfrigo is possibly 521698 (very difficult to read) and the Transfesa 501028

I've not forgotten these vans, just life is getting in the way of wagon research at the moment...

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Bit modern for me but excellent viewing nonetheless. I particularly like those angular Interfrigo/Transfesa vans. I wonder how one ended up grounded in this country - must have been pretty far gone if they condemned it over here.

I wonder if it's this one that seems to have been pushed through the stops at Warrington?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinidle/8087001017/

Jon

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Does anybody do a kit in 4mm?

Regards

If only..

There is a 4mm drawing in a late 1960s/early 1970s MRC (fortunately not during the period when they used toilet paper for some of the mag) 

There was another one that overshot the buffers- next to the Up Hump Control at Tees Yard. It was there when I went measuring wagons in  summer 1987. These wagons often backloaded from the various ICI plants around Teesside, having brought in fresh produce to locations like Liverpool, Glasgow and Tyneside.

• 2 years later...

Hello. I've build six of these vans but I'm stumped with the decals. Is there a clear image of the markings anywhere on-line or in print?

Cheers

Andy

I've never seen a single photo that was both clear, and had all the markings visible. I wonder if a mail to Transfesa (http://www.transfesa.com/rail-spain-en/news_media/communication_department/corporate_image.html ) might produce a result.

There is a 4mm drawing in a late 1960s/early 1970s MRC (fortunately not during the period when they used toilet paper for some of the mag) 

This is an unusual drawing (I have a copy) in that it includes all the lettering as part of the drawing. Now, I have it in mind to build a model on one at some point and was going to look into commissioning transfers for it. Drop me a PM Andrew and we shall see what can be done.

Adam

Here's the pictures of where I'm at with these. I bought some Humbrol 25 Matt Blue which I may mix with white.

I made six in total including three types; 'I' girder ends, 'door ends' and long platform examples. They are basically scratchbuilt but use Hornby/Tri-ang VIX parts....not ideal!

Does anyone know if the round buffers would be 16 inches or 18 as they are next on the list.

post-910-0-71263400-1452370274.jpg

post-910-0-95727900-1452370336.jpg

post-910-0-12889700-1452370379.jpg

Cheers

Andy

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know if the round buffers would be 16 inches or 18 as they are next on the list.

The drawing from the October '66 MRC states 18" buffers.

HTH :-)

I'd be interested in seeing any further progress on these Andy; they look superb so far.

I've read this thread as I'm modifying some H0 Electrotren examples and wanted to see if I could include every variant - and now I'm more confused than ever!

Thanks for the info regarding the buffers David, it's much appreciated. I've held off doing any more work on these vans as they need transfers then weathering before the finer detail goes on as the weathering would knock off any intricate stuff.

The plan, hopefully over the next couple of weeks is to plough on with the other ferry vans I want to build and get them all to the same state of progress so I know how many/which type of buffers,ladders and brake levers are needed and buy them all at once. I just bought an HO Electrotren Transfesa/Intefrigo white freezer box (flying snowflake) from ebay to help with the shape of that one.

Yes, confusion exists for all us fans of the ferryvans. Are you modifying HO stock to run on a OO layout David? There's some really interesting threads on Rmweb about this. I kind of like the idea of a British outline HO layout that just uses European international ferry stock and such as the Lima HO Class 33. That would be an interesting project.

Cheers

Andy

Archived