N-Train 3D models

BobD

Does anyone know what is meant by the following

'Load line, how many gcm.'

Tried to find this sort of information on the Mashima MHK-1020 and several other similar motors, but come up blank.

If anyone can give me a figure for the Mashima, that would be of great help.

A bit out of my depth here....................

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted here.

Does anyone know the current availablity of Mashima motors. The link on the website, for e-mail contact, does not work.

I am looking for a quantity of motors for re-sale. An alternative manufacturer would be useful.

Hey there, 

I was looking for Mashima motors a few months back but apparently there have been issues with supply. Something to do with the owner retiring, then coming out of retirement, then factory problems. So I still don't know the current situation!

I can however recommend a US manufacturer North West Short Line. They do a big range of motors, and at quite affordable prices. Mashima motors are AUD35 - AUD55, but I got a double shaft n scale motor for AUD 25 off of them. Best of all they sell directly to the public on their website, so no faffing about with distributors or shopping around for lowest deals between retailers. I've used them on my latest project here, with a picture of said motor: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85901-australian-vlocity-dmu-in-n-scale-with-3d-printed-mechanisms/page-2

Alan 

Archived