Mansfield 2012 is go!

RedgateModels

I just hope I get there in time to set up, I have I feeling the A1 may be cruel, if not it will be an early start tomorrow morning, really looking forwar to the weekend, and the highlight for me is the cakes so that's my 3 trays what's everyone else havin?? Please come and say hello

• RMweb Gold

and lo, Mason did make it in time, along with everyone else apart from traction with his Thomas & Friends and Keith's models to come tomorrow morning. It all went like clockwork.

Just polished off this little lot

post-6717-0-18136500-1330725178_thumb.jpg

now for a few more beers and bed.

See you all tomorrow :)

Well thats day one complete without any major hitches....

Numbers through the door up on last year, lets hope tomorrows the same....

The wifes been to Tesco to stock up on food for tomorrow inc Sausage and Bacon for breakie... Sorry but Anrdea's cakes have all gone, lets hope tomorrows are up to the mark :)

Oh and on the plus side I have some cash in my pocket to spend tomorrow, Thanks Mason...

Time for a beer ot two now :)

Had a pleasant couple of hours at the show this morning and caught up with Steve (but turned down the offer to have a play!). Stopped off at the 15" gauge Sherwood Forest Railway (http://www.sherwoodforestrailway.com/) on the way back home, it's their first weekend of the season and they are operating again tomorrow if anyone is passing - they now have enclosed coaches for the variable weather!

Colin

Visited the show today and had a chat with a few people. Well done to Ian (Redgate Models) and NESST2 for all their hard work in making it an excellent show. Also managed to come out with the Bachmann A1Sea Eagle courtesy of Benhams. :)

• RMweb Premium

Just about ready to wander off into the Pennine fog and head for the 10:44 11:44 to Mansfield via Worksop.

I've even got my rucksack :D

Pity you didn't go earlier as you would have encountered Oliver Cromwell at Worksop. :stinker:

P @ 36E

• RMweb Gold

Just like to say a big thanks to all involved in the organisation and catering, first class as usual.

A really nice weekend and very much enjoyed.

The only photo I got at a quiet moment:-

post-6745-0-53834300-1330886119_thumb.jpg

Only made it upstairs once.

Cheers

Ian

Sitting at home now after a fine dinner cooked by daughter and a glass of Shiraz to relax with.

Many thanks to Ian and his merry men(& women) for an excellent weekend. (And thanks to Mickey for the phot.) Glad to hear the numbers were up too.

See you again next year!

steve

Another show over.... thanks to all our exhibitors and visitors for making another fantastic show...

numbers through the door up on last year by 40.... perhaps next year we can crack the 500 mark...

Managed to sell the remainder of my son's brio thomas stuff and replace it with a weathered class 31 courtesy of Benhams from Edwinstowe.. - might get change to chip and test tomorrow.. :)

• RMweb Gold

Just to echo Keith's comments above - what a fantastic show, everything went very smoothly and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I got the run-round turnout and double slip constructed over the two days - no more acid fumes for me for a few days methinks :lol: Lots of interest from the public and hopefully Fourgig East will be operating for next year's show.

Sold quite a few coasters too, so might consider other merchandising for next year.

Congratulations to Avyn-a-Llyin for romping home with the public vote and bagging the Best in Show trophy

post-6717-0-51496500-1330942899_thumb.jpg

I didn't sell as much as Keith, only offloaded one old Hornby teak coach, so after Ian Morton tempted me with a bargain ABS Models GWR 4 plank O gauge wagon kit and a C&L track rubber from Sherwood Models I'm down on the day.

Final figures will take a few days, but I expect us to have made a good sum for the Church and local Scouts too - win win :)

Thanks to all exhibitors and traders - without you there would have been no show and thanks to all visitors for braving the weather and making the show the success it clearly was.

Oh and Andrea will be doing more cake for next year as it ran out very early on on Saturday you greedy lot!

Many thanks for inviting us and Sreatham Depot, we had a really good time, and apart from a couple of the Heljan 47s playing up everything ran fine. A big thanks and well done to all the show team for putting on another brilliant show, and a big thanks to all the catering team which did all the exibitors proud both days.

Dave

I'd like to echo the comments also, it's always a great show and I enjoyed this year more than ever, great crowds, food ( especially the cakes ) and very good company which is very much down the the organisation and the event team. Deeping ran very well for its first time out and I think I have dad swaying to dcc amd some sound too.

Thanks again

Here here, cracking show as usual and a great venue. Outon Road ran well except for a glitch on the sunday morning which took longer to diagnose than fix. All was well though in the end. Thanks to the team for having us again this year.

Cav and Jody.

Archived