2mm AGM sat 8 Oct 2011

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

Just thought I would start a thread to see who is going to the AGM this weekend and as somewhere to put all those photos of layouts, models and competition entries for those who can't make it.

Don't worry if you haven't quite finished those entries, there is an area for projects in progress which is always worth close inspection.

For details see http://www.2mm.org.uk/events.html

Also don't forget your membership card which will gain you free access (saturday only) to the adjacent Farnham clubs show which itself has a fantastic lineup this year.

See http://www.farnhammrc.org.uk/

I will be on Totnes, (or having a play on Wenford Bridge) when not at the AGM so come and say hello

cheers Jerry

ps. its my birthday on the 8th so feel free to shower me with gifts!!!! :drink_mini:

Just thought I would start a thread to see who is going to the AGM this weekend and as somewhere to put all those photos of layouts, models and competition entries for those who can't make it.

Don't worry if you haven't quite finished those entries, there is an area for projects in progress which is always worth close inspection.

For details see http://www.2mm.org.uk/events.html

Also don't forget your membership card which will gain you free access (saturday only) to the adjacent Farnham clubs show which itself has a fantastic lineup this year.

See http://www.farnhammrc.org.uk/

I will be on Totnes, (or having a play on Wenford Bridge) when not at the AGM so come and say hello

cheers Jerry

ps. its my birthday on the 8th so feel free to shower me with gifts!!!! :drink_mini:

Me.

I plan to finish some kind of entry, with only the rooves and some lettering to finish. I might bring some part finished stuff too (I have plenty of that to choose from!). :mail:

I need to find my membership card :scratchhead:

Do you like strong lager? I can find a bottle of bock in the cupboard to put a ribbon around.

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, I can't make it...did my last 2010 Uk bound flight last weekend and the next one won't be until crimble.

Have sent my official apologies though...and I look forward to see some pics from it.

...and...Happy Birthday Jerry :yahoo_mini:

I'll be there (not that I really have a choice, being Secretary!).

I'm working on a few bits that will hopefully be finished in time for the competition (and if not, they'll be on display on the work in progress table).

Andy

PS> I will try and remember those loco wheels, Jerry!

• RMweb Premium

I won't be there due to the distance and working, so any photos popped up here would be great. Too all of you going have fun and I feel that Jerry should be serenaded as it's his Birthday, maybe the bumps as well?

Cheers Andy, just got to track down another Ibertron chassis and an old Peco Peckett body now!

Jerry

I have a beaver kit for a GWR 1366 class if that would be a substitute? You would need to find a minitrix dock tank chassis or similar though.

You know me Rich, I like anything in a ribbon :rolleyes:

Jerry

*goes hunting for ribbon*

I have a beaver kit for a GWR 1366 class if that would be a substitute? You would need to find a minitrix dock tank chassis or similar though.

You are kidding I hope. I remember having one of these chassis many years ago. It ran so badly it made even a Dapol M7 look good!

I shan't be at the AGM. In the end the cost and time just proved too much, and I need the money for some family related bills.

Chris

Eh?! The Peco Peckett/Ibertren chassis is for a 4w saddle tank, the 1366 is a 6w pannier tank!

I think I have a dock tank chassis kicking about somewhere from my 009 days, but I'd agree with Chris on it's lack of running capabilities!

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Eh?! The Peco Peckett/Ibertren chassis is for a 4w saddle tank, the 1366 is a 6w pannier tank!

I think I have a dock tank chassis kicking about somewhere from my 009 days, but I'd agree with Chris on it's lack of running capabilities!

Andy

Indeed it is so if anyone has a Peco Peckett body in any state of repair I'd be keen to give it a new home.

John has a severly chopped up Beaver 1366 on a scratchbuilt chassis that often gets a runout on Wenford Bridge

Jerry

You are kidding I hope. I remember having one of these chassis many years ago. It ran so badly it made even a Dapol M7 look good!

No the 1366 kit requires a new home and is a dock tank iirc. I have a bunch of items in a 'clearout pile' and this is in it. The dock tank is the recommended method of propulsion according to the box. I had one in my first train set and I too remember how bad they were.

No the 1366 kit requires a new home and is a dock tank iirc. I have a bunch of items in a 'clearout pile' and this is in it. The dock tank is the recommended method of propulsion according to the box. I had one in my first train set and I too remember how bad they were.

Rich,

Any chance you could bring this to the AGM? I might be interested, but never having seen one of the Beaver kits, I'm not sure how accurate/useful it is.

cheers,

Andy

Any chance you could bring this to the AGM? I might be interested, but never having seen one of the Beaver kits, I'm not sure how accurate/useful it is

I'm not sure about the accuracy but the detail of the castings is above average from what I remember.

• RMweb Gold

I am looking forward to the AGM I have my tickets. Its a bit of a journey - car-tube-fast cat-train-bus-train-bus/walk or taxi?

competing in a sixtathalon of commuting there Don...am sure it will be rewarded with the gold though...enjoy... :yes:

I am looking forward to the AGM I have my tickets. Its a bit of a journey - car-tube-fast cat-train-bus-train-bus/walk or taxi?

Hmmm. Where is the replacement bus service to/from? I'm guessing that you'll pass Basingstoke? Depending on timing I could offer a collect/return service from there and save you the bus/taxi at the other end? PM me if you feel this would be helpful and I'll see if arrangements could work.

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm. Where is the replacement bus service to/from? I'm guessing that you'll pass Basingstoke? Depending on timing I could offer a collect/return service from there and save you the bus/taxi at the other end? PM me if you feel this would be helpful and I'll see if arrangements could work.

Thanks for the offer Rich most kind but the engineering works are between Haslemere and Guilford. I could go via Woking but it would take an hour longer as the Woking trains run from Southampton The Guilford trains run from Portsmouth Harbour. The journeys not too bad really its just all the changes

Don

Blimey Kris - some of us only just got home! (not that I had time to take any photos anyway!) :rolleyes:

I would expect to see some on the 2mm VAG later in the week. Paul Martin was taking lots of photos at the meeting and of the competition entries, but he is involved in the exhibition so will be on duty today as well. I'm sure someone will have some photos of Jerry and the collection of pots he acquired at the show (congratulations to Jerry and all the other award winners - some truly stunning models!).

Anyway, it was a thoroughly good 'do' - the official business was completed in almost record time and I think a good day was had by all.

Andy

Archived