20ft Tank Container Girder Base

Trainshed Terry

• RMweb Premium

HELP

I have just be handed a 2mm kit (ref kit number CONT9) of the above container kit, and I'm having trouble under standing the instruction sheet.

With reference to instruction "2B.For container with perforated girder base the end plates are replaced with plasticard, it is best to form the box prior to fitting the card which needs to be cut as a square to fill the end completely." It has me totally confused as it dose not make ans sense to me.

As the container he would like to model is show below.

post-6815-0-51411400-1317672349.jpg

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Terry

Do you know what the manufacturer is? I'm not familiar with what's available in N and it would be nice to look at the prototype they are trying to work towards?

My ***guess*** at this point is that the prototype they are working on has a solid end - like:

CONTCCRU126077-L.jpg

With them suggesting you cut a bit of plasticard to form the end plate.

But the shots I have on file (albeit far from comprehensive on the subject) show ones with that heavy side girder to have open ends (and the shadows on your chosen prototype suggest the same with that one)

CONTUTCU456285-L.jpg

Thanks Terry - looks like B&H don't go for photo's in a big way! Never mind...

Couple of other thoughts come to mind this morning - the Stolt one I posted above is a slightly different size to your one in the OP - yours is only 8' tall and has a much smaller tank barrel, but if you can get the support framing looking about right then finding something to make a narrower barrel ought not to be too hard if you wanted to go the whole hog with it - it's an interesting prototype!

Archived