Model Railway Journal 195

David Bigcheeseplant

Has Chris Pendlenton really managed to make opening doors for his stock, or has MRJ discovered the world of Photoshop? laugh.gif

Either way its still a magical picture. B) Looks like I'll pick it up.

I think thats the general idea.

Who is BoJo?

I think this is a pretty good issue, when you see the article on North Shields you will see that the show has fallen on the North East!

David

Presumably Mr Pendleton is the editor then wink.gif

Two issues now under the new arrangement featuring predominatly LNER derivatives - Good grief it will be turning into BRM (alt title "East Coast Monthly") next thing we know. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Mine arrived this morning. Yes, Chris Pendlenton is the guest editor and inevitably the content reflects this. His own piece on Christmas parcels tackles the subject from a distinctive angle and in an interesting style.

Bob How's "Impossible Dream" is King's Cross in P4 and, by the look of it, not impossible at all!

Dave Bradwell describes coal and steel traffic on his own layout, Derwenthaugh, but there is much more to the article than that.

The Christmas Quiz is a shunting puzzle by Don Rowland that looks fiendish. I must remember to pack my copy of the magazine when I go on holiday for what some would call the festive season.

The diary includes only two forthcoming events that have already taken place! This improvement is most welcome.

Chris

With MRJ posted out on Monday to booksellers, shops and subscribers I am surprised no one has made comment on the content as yet.

David

Mine comes from the Cambridge Smiffs - and it takes them an age to get them on the shelves !!

T'wasn't there this morning

Regards,

John Isherwood.

MJR 195 has landed in Ian Allan Cardiff although there was no sign of it in Smith just yet.

I'm yet to have a thorough read but I has a quick skim over lunch - seems to be another good dose of inspiration. It's certainly got a strong Eastern and North Eastern flavour to it, which I guess a lot of that is to do with the articles that are on offer at the time of publication. I must admit it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who uses baseboard edges for getting my airbrush set up right (Page 309). wink.gif

Pix

Sounds like another splendid edition...

I think so!!! The modelling is quite inspirational - I spent quite a while last night looking at the pics in Chris Pendleton's article. Quite outstanding.

I also really enjoyed the Dave Bradwell article - I think that layout is going to be quite amazing as work progresses.

The only downside I would say is the lack of a constructional article in this issue, although I guess it does really depend on what is available at the time.

I must say that this "Guest Editor" slot has certainly increased my anticipation levels for each new issue - who's editing it, what's going to be in it this time?

Regards

Alastair

I think so!!! The modelling is quite inspirational - I spent quite a while last night looking at the pics in Chris Pendleton's article. Quite outstanding.

Mine dropped through the letterbox today.

Agreed another cracking issue, the defining photo for me is the simple station entrance on page 295. Just sat there soaking up the atmosphere.

Picked up a copy today in WHS Birmingham.

Though I haven't read it thoroughly from cover to cover , what I've seen so far is excellent.

The pictures of North Shields are fantastic , at times it's hard to tell you are looking at a model.

I also enjoyed Dave Bradwell's article on operation - he's picked up on what I've often said in that the American style of operation where traffic is generated and moves done for a reason is IMO a better and more realistic way of operation compared to the more traditional sequence style , it's good to see it adapted to UK practise , and hopefully there will be more articles on this theme in future.

Archived