Bachmann TPO

Martin_R

Anyone know where I can get one of these - I must of missed the 10mins they were available on the Modelzone website, and living out in the boondocks I am nowhere near one of the stores. These limited availability limited editions are becoming a right royal pain to obtain! :blink:

Hi Bigbloke,

Is this any use to you:

39420W

IN STOCK -Exclusive Bachmann Royal Mail TPO BR (Post Office) Red Livery £31.99

39420X

IN STOCK -Exclusive Bachmann Royal Mail TPO BR Blue/Grey Livery £31.99

These two variants are apparently available on The Signal Box website this very morning.

Regards

Chris

Hi Bigbloke,

Is this any use to you:

39420W

IN STOCK -Exclusive Bachmann Royal Mail TPO BR (Post Office) Red Livery £31.99

39420X

IN STOCK -Exclusive Bachmann Royal Mail TPO BR Blue/Grey Livery £31.99

These two variants are apparently available on The Signal Box website this very morning.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I am after the 90s red version 39-240Z, which is out of stock. They surely haven't sold all 1000 (of that livery version) units in less than 2 weeks? If so there are an awful lot of (secret) modellers out there, and they really should consider another batch of these.

I am now seeing why these companies all do these limited editions now! Think about it, commission a model with huge demand, then sell it at >50% mark-up over other items in the same range (Bachmann Mk1s) and sell it all in just a couple of months. Better return than the banks offer! (end of cynical rant mode)

Hi Bigbloke -- hope this may be of help to you

Try the new Modelzone store in Birmingham which open last weekend, tel no: 0121 364 4090

I visited the outlet on Monday morning and was able to purchase the 1960 version 39-420w they had 4 in the display cabinet

also in the display cabinet they had 6 of each of the other 3 versions

Good luck

• RMweb Premium

The MZ website allocation might be sold out but many stores seem to have some of the later red versions left. Try Holborn in London who advised me they had stock of them as of yesterday. The chain-store set up may mean that there are several stores with stock but you need to call them individually to check.

With only a small number of each they may well have sold out the web allocation to pre-orders just as some branches will have sold out all or some long before the items were even manufactured.

Now sorted. Thanks to all who responded to my sad and alcohol enhanced plead!

BTW Modelzone Milton Keynes has a few left of all except the 60's one. Postage is £6 if sent from a store or they will hold/reserve for you to collect.

• RMweb Premium

I am told Crawley store is also worth trying if your local is sold out though I don't have definite word on their availability. They do posses a singularly helpful member of this board among their staff however.

I need to have a good read through all the postings on Robert Carroll's BRCoachingStock yahoo group, as I've probably missed some nice incites on the subject.

Cheers Matt, I should probably have a good look there myself

• RMweb Premium

Email received from MZ Holborn today advising they again have current stock (but no indication of how many) of all four TPO versions. Get 'em while they're hot!

I picked up the Maroon version on Friday from the Holborn shop. They were very helpful on the phone during the week, the chap actually going to look at the stock for me to confirm what was available..I saw further maroon and blue/grey examples in the display cabinet when I visited.

Steve W

• RMweb Premium

Hi.

one of these has made it by airmail to NZ, and very nice in red it is.

I have fitted Kadee #18 couplings but have found that the close coupling pockets have too much vertical play to reliably couple to other coaches.

Has anyone else found this ?

The movement is bigger at one end than the other, but I can't get the bogie off that end to see if the screw underneath holding the close coupling mechanism is tight or not.

any help would be appreciated.

Roger

Got mine from the new 'flagship' store in Brum, they did have loads of each one as no pre-orders as its a new store, but the original version has now sold out as is the blue and grey, around each 6 of the royal mail versions left, but don't think these will be around too long either, I was worried they would be all sold out, but I managed to get mine today, now looking for Bachmann full brake to complement the TPO coach, stowage coach next please?

Great service from Metro Centre shop yesterday for earlier style of 2 P.O. Red ones. Blue grey one coming from HO direct. Stunning model. A real treat compared to most rehashed mk1 and mk2 'special editions' we have had foisted on us with mutiple errors.

Guest Belgian

Southampton had the two red (late period) and the blue/grey ones on display yesterday, but that was just before closing time and I couldn't ask for stock totals from the staff who were keen to close up.

Guest 838rapid

Hi.one of these has made it by airmail to NZ, and very nice in red it is.I have fitted Kadee #18 couplings but have found that the close coupling pockets have too much vertical play to reliably couple to other coaches.Has anyone else found this ?The movement is bigger at one end than the other, but I can't get the bogie off that end to see if the screw underneath holding the close coupling mechanism is tight or not.any help would be appreciated.Roger

Have fitted No 20 Kadee to my pair and they seem to run fine.

Might be better than No 18.

My Blue/Grey one arrived today. The process of weathering another 'collectors piece' has already begun, wheel faces painted, coupling changes begun etc etc. Heresy some cry........! If it ain't grubby, it ain't running

My Blue/Grey one arrived today. The process of weathering another 'collectors piece' has already begun, wheel faces painted, coupling changes begun etc etc. Heresy some cry........! If it ain't grubby, it ain't running

Not at all, mine is due the grubby treatment, so will make the remaining Blue Grey ones all the rarer which will please collectors.

I suspect that due to the high quality of this offering, it's widespred geographical reach, the useability even in short rakes etc it ticks all the boxes for a lot of modellers from 1960s up until recent past. Hence the success. Take note others. Suspect the nuclear flask wagons will be just the same for the same reasons, and the same reason why the silver bullets flew out of the shops too. Good stuff and worth bearing in mind when commisioning things?

Have these really sold out this quick? Some of those limited edition runs ran to 2,000! I suspect that Modelzone are already planning another run with different running numbers; it makes me wonder why Bachmann never considered doing this model themselves when they brought out the rest of the MkIs.

Whilst I have no real interest in coaches as a rule, I've snaffled a few of the RTC limited editions in the past from Modelzone and may be tempted on Monday to pop in to the Manchester store to grab a blue/grey one. That is, if there are any left. Any confirmed sightings of stock left in the Manchester store?

Archived